Room selection assistance 8242vs10636

Hi all! My family is cruising on the Jan 29th sailing of oasis. The majority of us are in 2br A2 10330 and my father is currently in a JS 8242. A JS on 10th floor just opened up 10636. Both 10636 and 8242 appear to be bumpouts but I was wondering if anyone has any input on which cabin might be better. Walking is a bit of an issue because of some of his health concerns so tying to decide if him being on same floor (opposite side of ship but close to elevators) is better than being on different floor (same side of ship close to elevators and Central Park). Thanks for your help!!!

Hi all! My family is cruising on the Jan 29th sailing of oasis. The majority of us are in 2br A2 10330 and my father is currently in a JS 8242. A JS on 10th floor just opened up 10636. Both 10636 and 8242 appear to be bumpouts but I was wondering if anyone has any input on which cabin might be better. Walking is a bit of an issue because of some of his health concerns so tying to decide if him being on same floor (opposite side of ship but close to elevators) is better than being on different floor (same side of ship close to elevators and Central Park). Thanks for your help!!!

I'd go with 10636 because it's not a connecting stateroom.

Both cabins are on the "hump" and will have the larger balcony. It's going to be a "walk" either way. One advantage to 8242 is proximity to Central Park. Depending his likes and dislikes, Park Cafe in Central Park is a great place to have breakfast. So, easily accessible for him. As for the "walk" to your cabin, I'm not sure there's too much of an advantage to 10636 as it is on the other side of the ship. His walk to the elevator from 8242 is fairly short. Then he'd only have that side of the hall to go down. Might actually be a shorter walk, but then there's the wait for the elevator. One other point, not a big issue, 8242 is a "connecting cabin" so it'll have a door in it. Not usually an issue, but I tend to avoid those if possible. Again, not usually an issue.

My suggestion is to see what he's going to like most. If he's not going to use Central Park, no real advantage on being on the 8th deck. If you choose stay on the 10th deck, see if a JS on the port side opens up and move to it to shorten the walk.

Not much help I know.

We are booked on Allure, Deck 8. A cabin opened up on a higher deck. SO and I discussed the deck situation with our PC family members. Upon their suggestion, we choose not to make the change. Reason being, Deck 8 is very convenient to so many things. We are NOT second guessing our choice.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by troykahack