Dress code after 6pm

With our 1st Regent cruise happening in a couple of weeks I have been reading all posts on the forum with much interest.

The mention of no jeans/shorts after 6pm has been mentioned a few times.

Help me out here, does this just apply in the public rooms?

I imagine you can still use the pool after 6pm (late afternnon is my favourite time to sit out in mid summer)

If I return to my cabin after a late swim am I going to upset people I meet enroute ??

Miss-heli; we also use the gym facilities/jogging track and pool after 6pm (not very crowed then as most guests are dressing for dinner). Returning to our suite in the provided Regent robes--with about 100 days on board, we've never heard a word.

The code applies to the entire ship, but I think if you keep a low profile coming and going, you'll be fine; no one is going to berate you for wearing a robe or gym clothes in the corridors. Bear in mind that they usually close the pool around that time, though.

The code applies to the entire ship, but I think if you keep a low profile coming and going, you'll be fine; no one is going to berate you for wearing a robe or gym clothes in the corridors. Bear in mind that they usually close the pool around that time, though.

Oh Dear!!

I really hope the pool doesn't close at 6pm.......this could be the first negative fact I discovered about Regent Cruises:(

miss-heli,

We spent 24 nites on the Voyager in April, the pool closed (pool crew put net over jacuzzi's and pool) beginning at 7:30 pm. Every night that we swam after 6 pm there were also 3-6 folks enjoying an early evening libation in the jacuzzi's--so this time is a very nice time for a few of us to enjoy the pool and jacuzzis, Also, in the a.m. for the first two days of our voyage the pool opened at 7:30 a.m., asked the GM (then Ralph De Klijn) if safety permitted (there was another woman (triathelete) who also wanted to swim early) could

they open the pool by 7am. Every day thereafter the pool was opened about 6:50a.m.

Thus, if push comes to shove, and they net the pool earlier than you like, consider speaking to the GM to have them close it later.

You're not the first person who is not happy with Regent's policy to close the pool early. Not sure why they find it necessary. In terms of dress code after 6:00 p.m., last month in the Observation Lounge on the Voyager the bartender was making the rounds to insure that no one was in jeans or shorts. The first couple of nights he had to ask a few people to leave ...... but, after that, everyone seemed to comply. It seems to me that it's esier to remember the dress code in the winter when it is dark at 6:00 p.m. This time of year the sun is still shinning so it is easy to forget:)

Hi Dave, hope Joan and you are enjoying Rekjavik and the Voyager.

More often than not I'm in the Voyager gym at 5am sometimes even earlier when we have 6am excursions to go on.

In April, the other user of the gym was the Voyager Food & Beverage Mgr, as he wanted to use the Gym when guests generally do not use it.

r/wes

Hi Wes. Thanks for your well wishes. We don't arrive in Reyjkavik until 1 pm today but we're looking forward to the visit. There's a mixture of clouds and sun and it's quite cool.

• 2 weeks later...
With our trip to Alaska, the pool closed rather early. Around 6pm i believe. We never went in it since it closed so early!

Same happens on Seabourn!:mad::mad:

All pools and jaccuzzi's on the larger ships Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn close by 7pm on the smaller ships pool and jaccuzzi's open all night on the Pride, Spirit and Legend...go figure?:confused::eek::confused:

Same happens on Seabourn!:mad::mad:

All pools and jaccuzzi's on the larger ships Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn close by 7pm on the smaller ships pool and jaccuzzi's open all night on the Pride, Spirit and Legend...go figure?:confused::eek::confused:

Hi ST -- good to see over here on the Regent board. Perhaps you will give Regent a try one day.:)

Hi ST -- good to see over here on the Regent board. Perhaps you will give Regent a try one day.:)

I was about to 1 week ago and was going to book the Mariner for 2013 Barcelonba to Buenos Aires 28 days and they pulled it/cancelled it.. they only now have it from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro....I am waiting to see what they will be annoucing for after that cruise before I book.

Does anyone know when Regent will be releasing past nov 2013?:confused:

Regent will probably release December, 2013 and at least the first half of 2014 in October. I'm surprised about the change in the cruise you almost booked. A similiar cruise is being done this year (from Monte Carlo) and is very popular. Are you sure the cruise does not continue on to Buenos Aires after it docks in Rio. Maybe we'll have to wait and see on that.

Regent will probably release December, 2013 and at least the first half of 2014 in October. I'm surprised about the change in the cruise you almost booked. A similiar cruise is being done this year (from Monte Carlo) and is very popular. Are you sure the cruise does not continue on to Buenos Aires after it docks in Rio. Maybe we'll have to wait and see on that.

It did and then they yanked it all of a sudden and the reason I was given was that they were making changes to the itinerary. Actually 2013 December was there for all ships until about 2 weeks ago and went poof!

Seabourn is doing the same cruise from Barcelona to Rio on Oct 26th, 2013 on the Quest but that's too early for me.

Archived