Am I the only one who tries to always go on a different ship?

I'm still young, only 23, and been on 5 cruises do far, but, to me, I alway want to try and book a different cruise ship each year, am I one of the few that is like this? I think one of the best parts of a cruise is on embarkation day wandering around the ship exploring. On a ship you've already been on, you know where most stuff is already.

I'm one that enjoys the same ship even if it means the same iteneraries again. I enjoy seeing the same crew members again and knowing where things are. However on some of thhe cruises we've been on I've met people who were trying to sail every ship in the fleet so you are definately not alone in wanting to sail on different ships.

I just want to be on a cruise. It really doesnt matter which RCI ship or where its going to me as long as Im cruising. I am limited anyway because I drive to the ports and like to keep it within an 8 or 9 hour drive so Tampa and Port Canaveral are really my only choices. I wish Tampa had a RCI ship year around.

I think its neat that you are trying different options though :)

No, you're not the only one. I used to be like that also. But, as I continued to cruise more, looking for the best options pricewise and timewise became very important also. I do a girl's cruise each year, so we needed a relatively cheap trip on a decent ship. Turned out to be the Enchantment several years in a row. Same thing with the Explorer. It's a local ship for me, so when I can get a good deal on it, I try to hop on. However, if given 2 choices with same itinerary and price, one on a ship I've been on before and a totally new ship, I'd definitely try the new ship. I still enjoy exploring new ships too.

Its all about the destinations with me plus the price of course. However i do like to explore new ships and have that feeling of excitment of what to expect before it happens.

So far i have been on Majesty and Marniner and going on the NCL Jade later this year. I would love to try the Oasis or Allure but while there in the US im not sure i can afford the airfare. Would love them to come to Europe, anyone know if theres any plans for them to?

I like to try different cruise lines, i'm not repeating any cruise ships, yet, i guess i would like to try most of the ones i think i would enjoy and go back to the ones i liked the most. Maybe its just me, but i don't understand people who go on the same cruise ship 7 different times, and never try anything new. I don't mind people who do the cruise maybe 2 times, but 7 times is a little extreme, thats just my opinion.

TheCruisingQueen :D

PastCruises:

NCL Jewel Nov/2009

NCL Epic Mar/2011

RCCL Allure of the seas Sept/2011

Celebrity Equinox Mar/2012

CruisesComingUp!:

6661c361cf48251b69ec2086face192c.png55115134eb579084d18b3cb37fd2c027.png

I've cruised the same ship twice, but it was to try a different itinerary (both cruises were in the Southern Caribbean). I thought I would be bored with the ship the second time around, but I found that it was nice knowing where everything is on the ship. Less pressure to try and see everything, and we could relax a bit more to enjoy the areas of the ship we really liked. I would sail one of my past ships again, as long as the itineraries were different from what I'd experienced previously.

A good question! Like others, the ship is one factor for me. Take a look at my cruise history below and see if my words match my actions ;) First cruise was picked out by my friend and travel agent. At the time we booked the Voyager class was the biggest. That was a factor in her picking that cruise for me. I did specify Eastern Caribbean as that looked more inviting to me. For my 2nd cruise I did pick the exciting new Freedom after seeing it on TV. (I booked that one so far ahead that it actually ended up being my 3rd cruise when a great deal came up on Majesty. Our 2009 cruise was chosen partially because of what was available at the time, this time we traveled with my sister and her husband and the Navigator worked out well. It was a new ship, but a repeat of the class of ship, but a factor was a new port - Belieze. 5th cruise came about unexpectedly, we weren't planning on cruising at all because we were paying for our daughter's wedding. A little extra money came up along with another good deal on Majesty. Another factor was the stop in Key West, one our list of places we wanted to go, so ship small factor, ports larger in this case.

Cruise 6, the ship (Allure) was a prime factor in our choice. The fact that it went to St Maarten was a factor as well as Maho Beach was on my bucket list. So this new ship was a prime factor.

Cruise 7, I was looking at trying a Radiance class ship based on what I have read here, so a new ship was a major factor. It also worked out well for the couple that traveled with us as they could leave their son with his Dad in Tampa.

Cruise 8 is a return to Allure so no we didn't look at a new ship. We could have considered Oasis, but she would have been doing Western the week we wanted to travel so in this case date and ports were the prime factor.

For cruise 9, I don't know if the new Sunshine class will be out then or not, but that could be a factor, otherwise I'm considering a return to Freedom, or another Freedom class. I may look at trying a Vision class, but its down my priority list.

I'm one that enjoys the same ship even if it means the same iteneraries again. I enjoy seeing the same crew members again and knowing where things are. However on some of thhe cruises we've been on I've met people who were trying to sail every ship in the fleet so you are definately not alone in wanting to sail on different ships.

Interesting point of view. Questions like this, I'm glad when the respondents have their history in their signature.

I have sailed on 30 different ships 10 different cruise lines (including some that are gone). I have made these choices due to price, itineraries and ships. Every cruise is a different cruise experience. Besides being on a different ship you will have a different crew providing you service and entertainment.

I have never had a cruise I didn't like or been on a ship I wish I hadn't boarded. My measurement is all cruises are good but some have been better for different reasons.

I've cruised the same ship twice, but it was to try a different itinerary (both cruises were in the Southern Caribbean). I thought I would be bored with the ship the second time around, but I found that it was nice knowing where everything is on the ship. Less pressure to try and see everything, and we could relax a bit more to enjoy the areas of the ship we really liked. I would sail one of my past ships again, as long as the itineraries were different from what I'd experienced previously.

Totally agree. Sailed on one ship twice, 1st time 7-day Caribbean and 2nd time 5-day Northeast. We were already familiar with the ship and we were definitely more relaxed, not running around to see everything on board. That said, we really enjoy exploring a new ship each time we sail and DH is all about the newest ships ;)

Enjoy!

I think every cruise is different, even if it's on the same ship- different crew, different cruise director/staff, different passenger dynamics. This will be my third time on the Oasis (plus one on the Allure), but I know it will be plenty different just as the last two were! For one, we tend to mix up the people who go, first time was with 9 of my family, second was just me and my parents, and now I am going with my boyfriend. Plus, twice on the Oasis and I still haven't done it all!

I look at the destination more than the ship. As a by-product, I tend to go on different ships because they go to different places. That's cool. I love comparing them.

That said, since I live in Florida and Bahamian/Caribbean cruises are more just like a weekend trip to the beach... going on the same ship over and over for a small cruise wouldn't bother me either. As long as it was the specific purpose.

We really, really, really wanted to do that with the Monarch. That would just be our "we need a weekend away, so let's go on a short cruise" boat. However, I really disliked it. I am super excited to try Enchantment. I hope she becomes our go-to boat!

I look at the destination more than the ship. As a by-product, I tend to go on different ships because they go to different places. That's cool. I love comparing them.

That said, since I live in Florida and Bahamian/Caribbean cruises are more just like a weekend trip to the beach... going on the same ship over and over for a small cruise wouldn't bother me either. As long as it was the specific purpose.

We really, really, really wanted to do that with the Monarch. That would just be our "we need a weekend away, so let's go on a short cruise" boat. However, I really disliked it. I am super excited to try Enchantment. I hope she becomes our go-to boat!

I'm sure you will like Enchantment. When I go in August it will be trip# 10! Also, by the time she comes to FL, she will have been revitalized. Lucky you!

Another here who likes to try different ships. We have only sailed on 1 ship twice and that was due to it being a different itinerary. Of course we have been on many in the same class, so that is kind of the same, but different. One of the reasons I like to do different ships is to see different entertainment. While most of the shows are very good, once (or twice) is usuallly enough.

As for the same crew, we have actually run into some on different ships and surprisingly they remembered us! What a surprise that one was.

I'm sure you will like Enchantment. When I go in August it will be trip# 10! Also, by the time she comes to FL, she will have been revitalized. Lucky you!

I think the solarium option alone makes her a huge step up. There was just no where to go to get away on the Monarch.

Revitalized is also a HUGE perk. We have pretty much decided to book her for a trip in the spring ASAP.

I'm right there with you OP! The cruise line market is huge and I'd like to explore the options available to us. So that means trying a new line and itinerary as well! After Celebrity, we're going to try Cunard or Azamara.

Like Ryano, I am restricted by distance as I cruise with a powerchair. I am luckily only an hour from Port Canaveral so we've cruised out of there many times although we have cruised out of Miami early on in our cruising history. I've talked my parents into trying a cruise but they wanted something in the 4-5 night range so we'll be on the Liberty out of Port Everglades in February. It's a new ship but as we've been on Freedom a couple of times we will feel as if we know it.

We enjoy the excitement of boarding a different ship. Enough ships going to enough different ports make it easy to make choices. Seven cruises on seven different ships on four different lines. Disney, RCCL , Princess and Carnival.

Archived