Stolen luggage thread

Barrheadlass

There is a thread on the "Ask a Cruise Question" board from a poster who sailed the 12 day round trip on Hurtigruten last month. Between the time they boarded and left Bergen, their suitcases were stolen by someone who "

"just walked on" the ship and walked off with the suitcases. The ship even has this on video. It is a very interesting, and scary, thread. This poster also has a lengthy review of her cruise (and terrible it is) on the cruisecritic uk

site. She has a link to it in her posting. As someone who is so looking forward to this 12 day trip (starting in November!) this thread was very disheartening...yet, I'm still excitied!

Upcoming: Hurtigruten on the Trollfjord, Nov. '14 Searching for the Northern Lights

GCT Christmas Markets on the Rhine, Dec. '14

There is a thread on the "Ask a Cruise Question" board from a poster who sailed the 12 day round trip on Hurtigruten last month. Between the time they boarded and left Bergen, their suitcases were stolen by someone who "

"just walked on" the ship and walked off with the suitcases. The ship even has this on video. It is a very interesting, and scary, thread. This poster also has a lengthy review of her cruise (and terrible it is) on the cruisecritic uk

site. She has a link to it in her posting. As someone who is so looking forward to this 12 day trip (starting in November!) this thread was very disheartening...yet, I'm still excitied!

The theft was totally unacceptable and Hurtigruten's 'difficulty' in dealing with the consequences doesn't show them in a good light. However, the rest of the review reads as a rant from someone who is just (with good reason) plain upset. The coastal voyage, for example, is not sold as a 'typical' cruise: it's absolutely clear to anyone who cares to read the brochure that it's a trip on a working ship that just happens to pass through some amazing scenery.

Upcoming: Hurtigruten on the Trollfjord, Nov. '14 Searching for the Northern Lights

GCT Christmas Markets on the Rhine, Dec. '14

BTW, I believe that listings of upcoming and past trips should be in your signature so that those of us who do not wish to see them can turn them off.

I think that's a good idea. It's really not anything anyone needs to know.

Agreed. Some lists are ridiculously long and amount to the cruising version of willy waving!

I have signatures turned off...

Edited by digitl

• 2 weeks later...
The theft was totally unacceptable and Hurtigruten's 'difficulty' in dealing with the consequences doesn't show them in a good light. However, the rest of the review reads as a rant from someone who is just (with good reason) plain upset.

"So, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"