Lessons to be learned from Concordia disaster (WAS: Question for Mr Shanks)

• 2 weeks later...
The Cruise Industry has now come together under one organisiation across the world - CLIA - and their focus is to take forward all the learnings from the terrible Concordia tragedy - most notably in the area of safety.CLIA have already announced a series of safety reviews and initiatives. The industry is very focused on the learnings from this tragic l event. Peter

[quote name='Peter Shanks']The Cruise Industry has now come together under one organisiation across the world - CLIA - and their focus is to take forward all the learnings from the terrible Concordia tragedy - most notably in the area of safety.CLIA have already announced a series of safety reviews and initiatives. The industry is very focused on the learnings from this tragic l event. Peter[/quote]
Thank you very much for the informative and reassuring reply.

[quote name='Salacia']Peter Shanks mentioned CLIA (CRUISE LINES INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION INC).
The offical CLIA website can be found at [URL]http://www.cruising.org/[/URL][/quote]

Thank you Salacia,
I must confess that as soon as I read the most welcome post by Mr Shanks I did scoot across to that site but in my ignorance I failed miserably to post this link :o:o I am guessing it was because of the woeful standard of lifeboat training that this organisation deems acceptable.!!:eek: but this is NOT the thread to continue that debate.

I would however very respectfully ask Mr Shanks to look at this policy and ask if it is acceptable and at a level he believes will be good enough should an emergency ever arise.

Archived