1 Room, 2 Adults

Could this be the Marriott hotel?

Thanks much,

Joy

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yep. Marriot Metairie at Lakeway

Thanks much!

That's what we thought...

Have you stayed there? Any thoughts on the hotel?

Thanks again [emoji4]

I stayed there before my last cruise. Very nice hotel. I think it's on par with some of the 4* hotels downtown. The things you should be aware of are...it's not downtown. And you have to pay for parking. I want to say valet was $25/night and self parking was $20/night...but if you park yourself they charge you for each time you leave the garage. They have a list of the rates depending on how long you are there. Valet has unlimited in/out. If you park yourself for 30mins or less it doesn't cost anything. What I did was park, check-in, take bags to the room, and got out within 30mins. Went out for dinner/drinks, then parked again. I think if you're there 12 hours it's only $15 and I was out the next morning within that period so I paid $15 for parking.

Even though it's not downtown they have some of the same places you'll find downtown within a few blocks. There's an Acme oyster house, Drago's seafood, Cafe Du Monde, and New Orleans Original Daquiris nearby.

I have some pics on my phone I'll post.

Edited by Saint Greg

You are AH-MAZE-ING [emoji5]

Thank you sooo much for the info and pictures...

The hotel is a great deal via Hotwire at $78.00 per night, however, paying to park is something we need to take into consideration...

YOU ROCK!

Thanks again [emoji4]

You are AH-MAZE-ING [emoji5]

Thank you sooo much for the info and pictures...

The hotel is a great deal via Hotwire at $78.00 per night, however, paying to park is something we need to take into consideration...

YOU ROCK!

Thanks again [emoji4]

Yeah. I got it for $60 when I stayed there. :cool:

We were going to stay at the French Quarter Inn but I found the Holiday Inn Superdome for 109.99 plus tax for their park and cruise rate. One night and a week on parking. Made better financial sense.

That's a great deal! Do they offer transportation to and from the port? If not, let us know what the cab fare was when you get back. I know people come on here and ask about park and cruise deals. Some have said holiday inn superdome had it but they didn't know if they still did it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are staying at the Wyndham French Quarter in March 2107 pre-cruise for 2 nights. Have stayed there before and it is very nice and right in the French quarter. We paid $140 per night and booked about 10 months out on travelocity.

Saint Greg, what would your preference be, a hotel by the airport or one in Metarie? Thanks for your help.

Depends on the circumstances. I prefer Metairie because there are more restaurants and a couple of malls. If I can't get a good hotel for the price, I'll stay by the airport. Those hotels are just a few miles up the road from Metairie. If I were flying in I might prefer the airport hotels because they have the free airport shuttle.

I just booked through hotwire and got the Brent House Hotel in NO. Anyone ever stay there? I hope it is ok.

It's not in New Orleans, it's in Jefferson, about 20 minutes from New Orleans and it's part of Ochsner Hospital (where families of out of town patients stay).

Edited by NOLALADY

That's a great deal! Do they offer transportation to and from the port? If not, let us know what the cab fare was when you get back. I know people come on here and ask about park and cruise deals. Some have said holiday inn superdome had it but they didn't know if they still did it or not.

I called them after I booked to see if they had a shuttle. I was told they did not but a cab would be about $7 a person and they always have cabs sitting out waiting for people in the morning. Our plan is to drop myself and mother off at port with the luggage and my dad will drive my car back to the hotel to park it and hope a cab back.

Saint Greg, I've been reading this thread with much interest. You are such a wonderful asset to this board! I know you prefer Hotwire to Priceline, but it's just me and my daughter, and bed configuration doesn't matter. I've used Priceline's Name Your Own Price option in NO before, getting the rooms for $10-20 below what I've seen on the Express Deals. I've also been pretty successful at figuring out the hotels with the hotel lists on better bidding and bidding for travel, but I can't figure out this one. Hope you can help. Nov. 24-26, 4 star, Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District, 8/10 guest rating, business center, pool, gym, and bed choice for $103. The lack of restaurant is confusing me. Normally I would wait until closer to the date, but with Thanksgiving and the Bayou Classic that weekend, I'm getting nervous. With the Bayou Classic around that time I want to stay away from the Downtown/Superdome area and the Quarter for safety. We sail on the Triumph on the 26th for 5 nights. We'll stay another 2 nights after the cruise, but I'll feel more secure bidding closer for those dates. And for those nights, I will want the convenience of the Quarter.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind. It's the Hilton Riverside. Got it for $5 a night less than the Express Deal. Not much savings, but hey, that can go to housekeeping. So odd that they leave out that it has a restaurant. Been wanting to try Drago's chargrilled oysters! YAY!

• 2 weeks later...

Saint Greg, you seem to be the go to Hotwire guy, so I could use your assistance! We are cruising out Dec 19th and are looking to come in on the 18th and spend the night. On Hotwire, they have a 4* French Quarter - Mississippi River Area, 90% recommend, with Tennis nearby, Spa services, etc as amenities. From what I have read in your previous posts, I am assuming this should be the Hilton Riverside, am I correct in that assumption? Thanks in advance!!

Saint Greg, you seem to be the go to Hotwire guy, so I could use your assistance! We are cruising out Dec 19th and are looking to come in on the 18th and spend the night. On Hotwire, they have a 4* French Quarter - Mississippi River Area, 90% recommend, with Tennis nearby, Spa services, etc as amenities. From what I have read in your previous posts, I am assuming this should be the Hilton Riverside, am I correct in that assumption? Thanks in advance!!

Yes

%Ugh I am usually a very early planner but too much going on at home and didn't book a room for our trip down due to DS' changing jobs at work and not knowing when or if he'd be able to come. Think we'll go down a couple days early. So will be looking for a room to check in Oct 27 and out Oct 29. Yes I know how crazy it is in NO that weekend and how crazy prices are, don't need that lecture lol

I see Hilton has open rooms and have stayed there before, really like it but dont' see it on hotwire so I guess they don't have any discounted rooms, not sure I want to pay $400++ for a room direct. There will be me + 3 kids 23, 17 and 15 so 2 adults and 2 kids. I did see this hotel on hotwire that sounds like it's by the Hilton, any idea what one it is?

3-star Boutique Hotel in French Quarter - Mississippi River area 95% recommended $196 a night. I will be driving to port so don't need a park and cruise or anything. But would like something close to the aquarium so we can walk over to it. If can get a hotel with breakfast that would be great, save us from buying it but if not, not a big deal.

I can always stay further out of town and drive in on port day if it will save a bunch. Just don't want a long drive in on port day. Don't mind 30 minutes or so but I know the traffic will be crazy and don't want to fight it too long.