What to do at Ft. Lauderdale for early arrivals

Twoputtpar

Our ride from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is going to arrive at the cruise port around 7:30-8:00 am. Are there any food courts in the terminals? What time can we give our luggage to cruise porters? Thanks in advance. This is our first time cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.

No food courts. Explain your ride situation- I would be thinking of getting breakfast somewhere off the port. The Terminals will be jammed with people exiting the arriving ships at 7:30-8am. I wouldn't even be wanting to give my bags to the porters yet, as they could get mixed in with the bags coming off.

Are you flying into Miami that morning? If so, I would have a leisurely breakfast at the airport and have your ride pick you up about 9:30-10:00.

Our group is large --13. Do you have to collect your luggage immediately?

No food courts. Explain your ride situation- I would be thinking of getting breakfast somewhere off the port. The Terminals will be jammed with people exiting the arriving ships at 7:30-8am. I wouldn't even be wanting to give my bags to the porters yet, as they could get mixed in with the bags coming off.

Our group (13 of us) being pu by 2 private shuttles in Miami around 6 am. Is it better to have them drop us off at some restaurant, then hire rides to take us to cruise port. Lots of baggage. Maybe we eat at Miami airport, have transportation pick us up a little later.

Not from Miami, where the OP is coming from...

That's right..and especially with 13!! A taxi is around $89 for up to 4 people in a cab....that's WAY too much!

Definitely get breakfast and take your time at MIA...then get your ride.....If you get to Port Everglades around 10:30am, you will be fine.

Not from Miami, where the OP is coming from...

Half of my post abgt which you commented got lost and didn't show. In it I suggested i that OP go to one of the hotels near Port Everglades, hav e th hotel door man hold his luggage, vhave a nice ho tel breakfast. beats anythintgthey will get at the airport.

After breakfast get a taxi to the terminal when he or she is ready. I have had some of my postings lost perviously. I It sems to happen since introductionion of the n ew format.