Good news for domestic Virgin travellers finishing in Sydney

The_Big_M

I was impressed to read of this latest innovation, which is one of the few times an advance actually makes things easier for the passenger, of late.

Virgin have recently successfully trialled a portable check-in system at Sydney OPT. This enables passengers to check in at the cruise terminal, including their luggage to be taken to the airport. This has benefits for the passenger in a number of ways:

- check-in out of the way earlier, at a quieter location

- luggage collected, so the passenger doesn't need to transport it to the airport

- luggage collected, so free to roam the city without the hassle of storing/collecting it before the flight

Understandably with the above benefits, it got very high ratings from the trial passengers who benefited from it.

As a result of this successful trial, Virgin will be rolling it out on future White bay and OPT cruise arrivals. Unfortunately this isn't any benefit to me at this point, since I'm based in Sydney, not leaving Sydney after a cruise, but it's still good to hear such progress. This may be of benefit to the posters here based in other cities, who fly Virgin.

We arrive in Sydney early December and if this is in place we will actually get to look around before heading home! What a marvellous idea! Thank you so much for sharing [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

We are flying virgin back from Sydney on our cruise on the radiance next year. This will make it super easy for us & mean that we will be able to have a bit of a look around Sydney prior to going to the airport

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was impressed to read of this latest innovation, which is one of the few times an advance actually makes things easier for the passenger, of late.

Virgin have recently successfully trialled a portable check-in system at Sydney OPT. This enables passengers to check in at the cruise terminal, including their luggage to be taken to the airport. This has benefits for the passenger in a number of ways:

- check-in out of the way earlier, at a quieter location

- luggage collected, so the passenger doesn't need to transport it to the airport

- luggage collected, so free to roam the city without the hassle of storing/collecting it before the flight

Understandably with the above benefits, it got very high ratings from the trial passengers who benefited from it.

As a result of this successful trial, Virgin will be rolling it out on future White bay and OPT cruise arrivals. Unfortunately this isn't any benefit to me at this point, since I'm based in Sydney, not leaving Sydney after a cruise, but it's still good to hear such progress. This may be of benefit to the posters here based in other cities, who fly Virgin.

Can't find any info on this on Virgin's website,can you assist?

They have been offering the service in Singapore since the new Marina Bay terminal opened .... $28US for 2 bags per person.

The Singapore service is called CruiseFly and for multiple airlines including Qantas and Singapore and I think it is run by the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal company hence the charge.

More info here;

https://mbccs.com.sg/passenger-guide/cruisefly-flycruise