Registering for Free Spin Classes on Oceania

mbw220

Cruised on Oceania a few years back and never could get a bike for the spin classes. Could never figure out the registration process. Can anyone explain the registration process? We will be on another cruise in a couple of months and want to get in a few spin classes!

Cruised on Oceania a few years back and never could get a bike for the spin classes. Could never figure out the registration process. Can anyone explain the registration process? We will be on another cruise in a couple of months and want to get in a few spin classes!

There will be a sign up sheet in the gym. We are gym rats, so it is one of the first place we visit on boarding. Go the first day and you will see all the sign up sheets for various classes on the instructors desk near the door.

There is a charge for the spin classes ...they are not free.

I do not believe the classes are offered daily

Just check with the manager at the gym what days they are offered

AFAIK they are only on the O class ships (Marina & Riviera )

Maybe Buggins can comment if the classes are now on the R ships

I do not believe the classes are offered daily

Just check with the manager at the gym what days they are offered

AFAIK they are only on the O class ships (Marina & Riviera )

Maybe Buggins can comment if the classes are now on the R ships

It's been a while for me on an R...and we did not get the class in;), the cruise cut short. I seem to recall seeing the equipment on the R. If classes fit with our port plans, we sign up on the first day.

Spin on the O ships are not daily..that is a definite. My guess...two per 7 days. Other classes are offered. Spin are the only classes in which we are interested, so it is something I look for (I stream you-tube classes when I find a decent spin bike in a hotel fitness center). On our last cruise there were open bikes for our class....but that was a port intensive Med. I can't remember the charge, but I enjoyed the class and didn't feel cheated.

Perhaps someone with some recent Currents can look through them and see how often they were offered and the cost.

We were on a Rome-Venice cruise a few weeks ago. There was a brochure listing all the classes for the week and they were also listed in Currents. You needed to sign up but there were no charges for the classes. I went to two stretch classes and they were very good. I recall that in the past there were more fee based classes.

Mary