Can you change cruise date and transfer deposit

mystic51

I've booked our cruise directly with Celebrity and have already paid the deposit. Now we are going to have to change our reservation to the next departure date. Will we be able to transfer our deposit to that date, or will we have to pay a second deposit? Thanks for your help..

I've booked our cruise directly with Celebrity and have already paid the deposit. Now we are going to have to change our reservation to the next departure date. Will we be able to transfer our deposit to that date, or will we have to pay a second deposit? Thanks for your help..

It depends on a couple of factors:

1) Are you past final payment date? If yes, then you would forfeit the deposit if you change dates and you therefore would have to pay a new deposit.

2) Are you in the U.S? In the U.S. you can cancel and get a full refund of your deposit if you are before final payment date. If in the U.K. the deposit is not refundable; I am not 100% but you may be able to pay a fee there to change dates if before final payment.

Are you in the UK? Then it is £75pp to change ship/date (or €75pp if you are in Eire). You cannot do this once you're inside the 57 day penalty period. Only the first 2 people in the room pay £75.

If you are in the US aand you have not paid your full price, you probably can change. I did this last year on a med cruise. We had been scheduled on a Transatlantic on Solstice, but changed to a Med cruise to Greece. My Travel Agent was able to transfer booking without additional fee. This also included airfare but we were far enough out that it wasn't that difficult. Check with your agent or Celebrity.

Thanks for your responses. We do live in the US. As I stated we have booked directly with Celebrity, not thru an agent. We were originally sailing on the cruise departing Jan 3, 2011 but have now put a cabin on hold for the next departure of Jan 14.. Our deposit has been paid for the Jan 3rd.. Final payment is not due until Oct. Hoping we can transfer our deposit for the 3rd to the current one on hold for the 14th.. I'll have to contact Celebrity today.. hope we can.:cool: Just thought perhaps someone might have done the same thing.

Thanks for your responses. We do live in the US. As I stated we have booked directly with Celebrity, not thru an agent. We were originally sailing on the cruise departing Jan 3, 2011 but have now put a cabin on hold for the next departure of Jan 14.. Our deposit has been paid for the Jan 3rd.. Final payment is not due until Oct. Hoping we can transfer our deposit for the 3rd to the current one on hold for the 14th.. I'll have to contact Celebrity today.. hope we can.:cool: Just thought perhaps someone might have done the same thing.

You should be fine since you are in U.S. and before final payment. I am not sure if they will "transfer" the deposit, but at worst they will allow you to cancel one cruise (and fully refund your deposit) and then book the new cruise from scratch. Would end up costing the same $$$ either way, so no big deal.

I just did the same thing - I moved our Equinox 2/28/2011 sailing (which I had booked while on Solstice earlier this year) to the Millennium 3/7/2011 sailing. I also had a cabin on hold with "new" sailing and in order to move the original Celebrity reservation, I had to release the cabin so that the Celebrity agent could choose it (if I wanted to transfer over my original booking with the OBC intact for THAT specific cabin). I did lose the 2 category upgrade I had for the Equinox (I paid C3 price for a C1 cabin which did NOT apply to new reservation), but the OBC transferred over just fine and no additional deposit was required (the same $200 reduced deposit applied to new sailing even though it wasn't technically booked onboard).

Just be sure you use the same reservation #. Just tell them you want to keep the reservation # and change the cruise. That way you don't lose benefits you get from booking on another cruise and such. We even got charged lower taxes because the cruise booking dates from the reservation # and the taxes were lower when the first reservation was made.

And that way your deposit and any payments transfer. Call Captain's Club if customer service has difficulty doing this.

Just finished switching reservation and deposit to new date.. Kept original res# but got a great deal.... C1 Aft on the Millennium, 10 day for under $1000.. Very, very happy:):)
Very nice. Nothing like an "M" class aft balcony!

Archived