Deviation Multi City

Shawski

If I book a cruise with embarkation in Rome and debarkation in Venice, could I pay the deviation fee and, instead of flying to Rome and back from Venice, fly to Zurich, get my own transport to Rome, and fly back from Venice?

thanks

Check out the prices for yourself using something like Expedia or ITA software and see what the prices are. With deviation fee usually easy to beat the price and get exactly what will make your trip happy if you do it yourself. :D

Try doing it yourself and I doubt you will ever give up that control again and take what cruise air gives you.

Flying into Rome and out of Venice is called an "open jaw". It is definately allowed by the airline and considered similar pricing to a round trip as long as the part that you are not flying is not greater distance than either flight segment.

If you want to add on an additional city, you can check on that as some routes allow for a stopover at no addtional cost. You would want to check it out yourself online (play around with the multi city itinerary) or check with a TA. For many arilines the stopover depends on their routes and where they have a hub or where you change planes.

Archived