Cuba added in the Destinations tab on website

Cuba is beautiful. As a Canadian I have been many times - I hope it won't lose its charm now that it has repaired ties with the US.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sad :(

Although ties have yet to be fully repaired, perhaps we still have time. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Cuba is beautiful. As a Canadian I have been many times - I hope it won't lose its charm now that it has repaired ties with the US.

Me too From the UK we have always had access and would rather do a land vacation than a short cruise way too much ro see

Edited by Ms Jo UK

Is Fathom selling well?

I haven't heard much since rollout

I just did a dummy booking.

7 nights... $6704 for 2 in an oceanview cabin, week of Dec 11.

Prices go up as you move into January. So looks like they're doing okay based on prices.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It seems like they may be targeting a November 17, 2016 date for a first sailing.

The 6 night Western Caribbean sailing could also be a possible itinerary change as they are holding a tentative booking with Key West arriving from a 'foreign' port.

It looks like the full Cuba year round might not start until May of 2017 based on port bookings.

The Azamara Quest still holds a tentative booking for the first week of January.

The NCL holdings, Oceana Regatta is also holding slots from that same week in November.

This indicates that both NCL and RCL are expecting approval soon.

It seems like they may be targeting a November 17, 2016 date for a first sailing.

The 6 night Western Caribbean sailing could also be a possible itinerary change as they are holding a tentative booking with Key West arriving from a 'foreign' port.

It looks like the full Cuba year round might not start until May of 2017 based on port bookings.

The Azamara Quest still holds a tentative booking for the first week of January.

The NCL holdings, Oceana Regatta is also holding slots from that same week in November.

This indicates that both NCL and RCL are expecting approval soon.

I noticed that. Wonder if that sailing will get "redeployed".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Cuba destination landing page indicates there are featured 2016 cruises to Cuba. But when I try the "Find A Cruise" to Cuba button, the only cruise which appears in the results, is a November 2016 cruise - which does not include Cuba in the itinerary. Clearly a work in progress but it seems to me the itineraries should be loaded prior to the landing page.

They can not announce sailings that have not yet received government approval.

Richard Fain did not mention Cuba at the recent quarterly earning podcast, nor was he asked about the market by any analysts. They all know that without government approval both RCL and NCH can not move forward with their plans.

They must feel very confident about approval to add the destination to the website.

I just did a dummy booking.

7 nights... $6704 for 2 in an oceanview cabin, week of Dec 11.

Prices go up as you move into January. So looks like they're doing okay based on prices.

Last I checked maybe a week ago prices on Fathom were $!899 pp for inside 7 nt plus taxes etc.

Is Fathom selling well?

I haven't heard much since rollout

I guess so :confused: