Suggestions to surprise DH birthday during cruise

cruising_family

We have booked a theme Jazz cruise next year and I've realized that my DH's birthday will be during the cruise. I'm wondering how you all might have done something special for an adult's birthday. I don't want to make it a big deal in the main dining room as he might get embarrassed. I would be appreciative of your ideas/suggestions. FYI, we will be going on HAL for 1 week to Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks!

I appreciate all your great ideas. Since my DH is a foodie, I'm torn. We eat out quite a bit as we live in Atlanta area so just regular reservation at one of the special restaurants might not be as special. However a chef dinner might really be special for him. Is this the type of setup where we watch them do the cooking? How could I find more info on this? I wonder if there are chef dinners on a fully chartered theme cruise. And how would I book something like that? We will be in St. Thomas on his bd so a special excursion would be fun too. Maybe I'll head over to those boards for more ideas on St. Thomas.

If you REALLY want to make it memorable....how about giving him the keys to a Porsche or BMW that will be waiting for him in the driveway when you get home? LOL

Now that was the best one! My husband loved it :)

To the OP, that's a nice line up for your Jazz cruise, your going to have an unbelievable time. We just saw Sanborn, Boney James, Albright, a few others in NYC this summer, all excellent saxophonist.

How about a romantic dinner in the room.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Now that was the best one! My husband loved it :)

To the OP, that's a nice line up for your Jazz cruise, your going to have an unbelievable time. We just saw Sanborn, Boney James, Albright, a few others in NYC this summer, all excellent saxophonist.

How about a romantic dinner in the room.

Now that sounds like a tops cruise environment for

Me but my better half don't think would be impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I like the couples massage idea and maybe getting a romantic dinner in our room, if I can plan it right might be perfect. We eat out quite often at home at those unusual type places since he's a foodie, so just eating at one of the specialty restaurants might not be as interesting to him. If there was a celebrity chef there cooking, that would be great surprise.

I'll have to check on the behind the scenes tour as it sounds different. Don't know if it's offered. Since he has the newest car in our family and he picked it out with the bells and whistles, a new car won't be happening. It's my turn next. :) I love your help and ideas and I thank you so much.