Blue and Green Boarding Passes, Same Cabin

go noles

Leaving on CB Saturday. This will be my first voyage as platinum so I have a green priority pass. However, my wife has a blue pass as she is Ruby (I have an additional Princess cruise from a seemingly previous life). So can she come with me for priority boarding or should I stay with her?

The priority boarding for those not yet eligible, is supposed to be limited to cabin mates of the person, not their entire entourage. :rolleyes:
Sometimes, this is not enforced.

It's unfortunate but there've been quite a few times when I've waited to board that the Platinum/Elite area was overflowing due to so many guests allowed in. :(

Here's the language from the Princess site:

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

That is the key wording.

Preferred Check-In

Note that this wording applies only to check-in, not to boarding after the check-in.

Preferred Check-In

Our experience in Seattle this July:

My husband and I are Platinum. My 3 children (15, 18 & 21) are all Gold. We also had a friend along who was a first time cruiser. We were all allowed to Check-In together, as stated above. Since my credit card was being used for all 3 cabins, I don't know how they could have done it otherwise. BUT, we were told that the kids could NOT join us in the priority BOARDING area. We could split up, or we could all go to the regular boarding area. It didn't make sense to split up, and we were there early enough that the line was pretty short, so we all used regular boarding.