EZ Check

philv

I can't find anything about this on Princess website. Can anyone direct me to details. March 2015 sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Want to arrange for disembarkation.

A search of the Princess forum found a recent discussion about FLL EZ Check including a copy of the application form:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081038&highlight=ez+check

http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image.php?img=aHR0cDovL2ltZy50YXBhdGFsay5jb20vZC8xNC8wOC8wNC9vcmlnaW5hbC95ZHVzeTRhZC5qcGc%3D

image.jpg.d65fa69138183c981c8e0fe91e7465c8.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just used EZ Check in Copenhagen. Princess had some difficulty in distributing boarding passes and luggage tags while on the ship, but otherwise it was absolutely great.

We received a form to sign up for the service about 4 days prior to disembarkation. It listed the flights eligible for the service. If your flight was eligible, then you provided Princess with names and confirmation numbers- they did the rest. Service was free. An additional bonus was that there were no baggage fees if your bag was over the airline weight limit.

We were supposed to receive our documents by 8pm on the night before disembarkation. When they did not show up by 10pm, I had to go to Guest Relations, where they printed duplicates for me. According to GR, the originals were sent to my cabin at 7. Who knows where they went?

Anyway, once we had the documents, the service was great! We put our luggage outside our cabin and did not have to do anything with it until we arrived back in Chicago. Princess took it to the airport and got it to the airline for us. When we got to the airport, we were able to go directly to the gate, as we had our boarding passes in hand and our luggage was already checked. When we got to Chicago, we claimed our luggage and headed for home.

Obviously, this was an international flight, so the service is not just for domestic flights. However, it was a direct flight from Copenhagen to Chicago. And the service was limited to certain flights and certain airlines. I don't know which airlines participate. I imagine it depends on the port.

This is a great program. It's great to put your bags out the night before disembarking and not see them again until they are on the baggage carousel after your return flight.

As soon as disembarkation info arrives in your cabin mail, sign up for EZ Check. It was not available when we sailed on Pacific Princess.

Thank you so much! I'm delighted to see Ft Lauderdale and Southwest participating. I have late flight after disembarking and was wondering what to do with baggage if I wanted to do a little sightseeing rather than sitting in the airport. Hooray! :D

Thank you so much! I'm delighted to see Ft Lauderdale and Southwest participating. I have late flight after disembarking and was wondering what to do with baggage if I wanted to do a little sightseeing rather than sitting in the airport. Hooray! :D

We used EZ-Check for the first time in Ft Lauderdale this summer. It was wonderful to disembark without having to locate, then tote your luggage through immigration and the airport.

Enjoy your cruise!

An FYI warning, even if they let you sign up for it , unless they get a minimum of 20 people, they can decide to cancel EZcheck. That happened to us @ FLL last December. I was expecting to get or aouthwest bag tags on the last night, and when i went down to passenger service i was told that not enough people had signed up. We were on a 4 nite, if you are on a 7 nite they will probably get the minimum and do it.

We were in the same situation, late flight - friends picking us up for lunch and a few hours , how to deal with the luggage ?? We took the shuttle to the airport, and as we walked in by Southwest there was a sign with a phone# for a "public bag storage service", which was downstairs in the Southwest terminal. It cost us $20 to hold our bags there until we could check in for the flight.