Baby 4 days too young

Milliejane

I would love to go on the New Zealand Bottom End Cruise on Celebrity Solstice but bubs was born 4 days too young for the 6 month old policy.

Is there a way to still go on this cruise?

Doctors certificate?

Personal insurance policy?

Personal disclaimer?

The baby will be solely breastfed.

Thank you

Milliejane

I know it is a disappointment, but it's a reality of parenthood that we have to forgo many things until our children are older. Yet we get many rewards in return. As an empty nester, I am glad I had those family vacations' knowing I can never get back those times when my kids were small. At the same time, We are enjoying plenty of couple time now. This cruise opportunity will likely happen again, but your time with your baby won't.

I would love to go on the New Zealand Bottom End Cruise on Celebrity Solstice but bubs was born 4 days too young for the 6 month old policy.

Doctors certificate?

Personal disclaimer?

Thank you

Milliejane

leave Junior behind is the only option.

they will not make exceptions.

Doctors certificate?

Personal disclaimer?

Thank you

Milliejane

I feel for you. Having 3 myself, including twins I think 4-8 months was the easiest, until they go to college.:D it's a perfect time to travel as long as they are good sleepers but that goes for kids of any age. Eighteen months old, well that's a whole different ball game and I wouldn't have wanted to go on a once in a lifetime vacation when our girls were those ages. I would ask for special permission to take your baby on the cruise if I were you. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Good luck and I hope that you are allowed to take this cruise and if not ask others about travelling with 18 mth olds before you book for next year. Trust me, the food thing alone will be way more of a hassle.:)

Is there a way to still go on this cruise? Doctors certificate? Personal insurance policy? Personal disclaimer?

Hi Millejane,

I feel for you in this situation. Cruising is wonderful and I'm sure you were excited, but as stated, policy is policy and is in place for a reason. Why would they make an exception for you and then not for someone else? What would your Doctor say - would s/he lie about baby's age?

There is no way around it. The specific cruise you are looking at is not going to happen with Jr. in tow, so what are the options? Another cruise, a later date, etc. Remember you will have to show his birth certificate or passport anyway so there just is no way to fudge this. Hope you understand.

Bless you all and hope you can cruise sometime in the near future. :)

I feel for you. Having 3 myself, including twins I think 4-8 months was the easiest, until they go to college.:D it's a perfect time to travel as long as they are good sleepers but that goes for kids of any age. Eighteen months old, well that's a whole different ball game and I wouldn't have wanted to go on a once in a lifetime vacation when our girls were those ages. I would ask for special permission to take your baby on the cruise if I were you. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Good luck and I hope that you are allowed to take this cruise and if not ask others about travelling with 18 mth olds before you book for next year. Trust me, the food thing alone will be way more of a hassle.:)

No, it's not going to happen. It's not even worth asking to get a no answser.

Doctors certificate?

Personal disclaimer?

Thank you

Milliejane

The only way you could go is to leave "bubs" at home. The cruiseline will not make any exception for this and even though other posters have advised to ask the cruiseline for permission there is no need to ask as the answer will be no.

I'd still ask the line. I know it's different circumstances but we took a land tour last year and it indicated minimum age for children was 12 at time of departure. We went with sister and b-i-l and kids. My youngest niece would have been 11 and 8 months by departure date.......she went!

I'd still ask the line. I know it's different circumstances but we took a land tour last year and it indicated minimum age for children was 12 at time of departure. We went with sister and b-i-l and kids. My youngest niece would have been 11 and 8 months by departure date.......she went!

Totally different. For the cruise, not gonna happen.

Hi Millejane,

I feel for you in this situation. Cruising is wonderful and I'm sure you were excited, but as stated, policy is policy and is in place for a reason. Why would they make an exception for you and then not for someone else? What would your Doctor say - would s/he lie about baby's age?

There is no way around it. The specific cruise you are looking at is not going to happen with Jr. in tow, so what are the options? Another cruise, a later date, etc. Remember you will have to show his birth certificate or passport anyway so there just is no way to fudge this. Hope you understand.

Bless you all and hope you can cruise sometime in the near future. :)

The doctor would be able to say weather the baby is healthy and fit to travel in his opinion. The passport or birth certificate needed to board would have the baby's date of birth.

leave Junior behind is the only option.

they will not make exceptions.

You can't leave a breast fed infant at home! He's only 6 months! His mom would have to pump a ton before the cruise and EVERY FEEDING (including motn) that the baby normally nursing. Assuming the baby even gets a bottle and mom pumps (I don't).

Try Disney for a cruise, min age 3 months!

The doctor would be able to say weather the baby is healthy and fit to travel in his opinion. The passport or birth certificate needed to board would have the baby's date of birth.

It won't matter what the doctor has to say. The cruiseline will still not allow the child to cruise in accordance with their policy.

You can't leave a breast fed infant at home! He's only 6 months! His mom would have to pump a ton before the cruise and EVERY FEEDING (including motn) that the baby normally nursing. Assuming the baby even gets a bottle and mom pumps (I don't).

Try Disney for a cruise, min age 3 months!

Which would mean it's best for the OP not to cruise until the child is old enough.

It's a simple phone call not a long distance trek so I would make it. I would rather here it from the company.

Cruises make certain policies. If they make exceptions, what is the point in even having a stated policy? Even IF Celebrity would make an exception in this case for four days, when do they stop making them for others, six, ten, a month?

The OP has ready heard if from the company in their stated policy.

I would ask for special permission to take your baby on the cruise if I were you. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

THEY WILL SAY NO

I just plain do not get this attitude of 'well I know the rule but I don't like it so obviously I should get an exception'

the OP is NOT special and does not deserve special permission.. nor do you, nor I nor anyone else.

Is there a minimum age requirement for an infant to sail on Celebrity Cruises?Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise/Cruisetour. However, for Transatlantic, Transpacific, select South American cruises/Cruisetours and other select cruises/Cruisetours, the infant (as of the first day of the cruise/Cruisetour) must be at least 12 months old. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more consecutive days at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/Cruisetour. Denial of boarding for infants who do not satisfy these minimum age requirements may also result in the denial of boarding for one or more guests sailing with that infant. No refunds or other compensation shall be due from the cruise line to anyone as a result of the denial of boarding to an underage infant or other accompanying guests.

This information is directly from Celebrity Cruise's website. No where does it state that exceptions can be granted.

I'm sure we all realize these rules are for the safety of the infant. The infirmaries are not set up with Pediatric ICU which a very sick child could require. The ship's doctor well could have ER specialty but not necessarily for infants and may not have treated infants since their training.

When a choice of a young child's health and well-being, is there anything more to discuss?

Also, part of the policy is based upon infant immunizations. Rules are rules and as was started earlier, when you make exceptions for one you must make exceptions for others. If the line was 6 months and they bend it to 6 months - 4 days, someone will say " I'm just one day shy of 6 months - 4 days".....where does that stop???

Sorry, but there will be plenty of other cruises. You need to let this one go.

Also, part of the policy is based upon infant immunizations. Rules are rules and as was started earlier, when you make exceptions for one you must make exceptions for others. If the line was 6 months and they bend it to 6 months - 4 days, someone will say " I'm just one day shy of 6 months - 4 days".....where does that stop???

Sorry, but there will be plenty of other cruises. You need to let this one go.

Hope the OP comes back and understands that they are not going to be able to do this cruise. There's always another cruise on the horizon.:)

Archived