Can I buy an FCC on a BVE?

LMaxwell

Going on Caribbean Princess BVE on Monday 9/1.

Can I purchase FCC's onboard? If I buy "open" FCC's can I use by BVE cost to be credited to them?

What would be the benefit to buying an FCC while on a BVE? I have only done BVE's with Princess, I have not cruised on them before so I am not sure how the whole future cruise certificate and BVE credit works.

Yes, you can buy FCCs while on board during a BVE. If the Future Cruise Consultant is not in their office you can fill out and submit a form at the office. The $100 cost of the FCC is the only deposit required for any cruise except a World Cruise. Depending upon the cabin category booked and the length of the cruise you will get on board credit (OBC) of between $15 and $150 per person. You need to book a cruise, not sail, within two years of the date you buy the FCC. The cost of the BVE can also be applied to a future cruise within a specific time limit. You can't use the BVE credit to offset the cost of the FCC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

WOW - that's a good question!!

I doubt it, but look forward to other posters opinions.

The biggest benefit, to me, is being able to hold a cruise with only a $100.00 deposit. That way I don't have to pay $900.00 to hold a cruise that I may just be thinking about. Also an OBC.

Let us know how it turns out!

Edited by cruisefreaks

Yes

Yes I can buy them and yes the BVE cost would be credited, or? Do FCC's come with a set amount of OBC? What is the advantage to buying an FCC onboard the ship?

The biggest benefit, to me, is being able to hold a cruise with only a $100.00 deposit. That way I don't have to pay $900.00 to hold a cruise that I may just be thinking about. Also an OBC.

Do they expire within a certain amount of time? I do not anticipate being able to cruise in 2015. What OBC amount do you receive

Yes I can buy them and yes the BVE cost would be credited, or? Do FCC's come with a set amount of OBC? What is the advantage to buying an FCC onboard the ship?
See my expanded response above.

You can only buy an FCC on board, or within a certain time after the completion of a cruise. OBC amount is reduced if you wait until after your cruise to buy an FCC.

I checked my Cruise Personalizer. We went on a BVE in April of 2013 and we had until December of 2013 to book a cruise and get the $39 credit.

Edited by IECalCruiser

What is a BVE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bon Voyage Experience - only offered at certain ports - check with Princess for locations. You don't have to know anyone on the cruise to do a BVE.

This article is over a year old, but the first few paragraphs give an overview:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/Princess-bon-voyage-021810.cfm

What is a BVE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It stands for Bon Voyage Experience. If it's offered, for $39 you get to board the ship before other people, usually around 11 am.

Here's what you get:

A short tour of the ship, sometimes a look at a stateroom. We were once shown a suite.

Lunch in the Main Dinning Room with a glass of wine.

Photo taken when you board the ship, just like the booked passengers get. On my last cruise and BVE with friends they delivered the photos while we were having lunch.

Time to tour the ship on your own. You usually have to be off the ship by 3 pm.

While on the BVE you can buy as many FCC as you want. If you don't see any blank FCC forms outside the FCC office the Pursers desk will have some. A good point is to take a photo of the filled out FCC before you turn it in.

Remember the $39 becomes a credit applied towards a future cruise.

Tom:)

I think this is a great program but could be run better. If not for CC I'd never know about it. I have never spoken to a TA that has heard of it. If you Google search it you find a bare minimum of information from Princess and at least as of two weeks ago the 2014 Schedule (Yes, 2014...the one where 8 months have elapsed) was still not published.

I have participated in a BVE once before on the Royal Princess. I synced up with some people I knew that were sailing and they got to come on board with me.

Something I do not remember, but hopefully someone can answer; this week I am doing BVE with in-laws who will board early with me. Will their stateroom be ready at this earlier time for them to drop off luggage?

When I did the BVE on Royal I opted out of the tour and had 30 minutes to roam the ship; this was enough time to see the Sanctuary area. Then I had a sit down lunch with wine included. This seemed to be a different, and limited, menu of some of what I suspect are Princess strong points. This was well served and enjoyed. It was pleasant to go to the MDR for a boarding lunch; other lines should offer this option.

I then had about 2 1/2 hours to roam the ship at my leisure and see as much as I could. (My leisure is still fast paced and I could not see the entire ship). I was provided with my free boarding picture. Very enjoyable day. I did not book within a certain timeframe after that and thus can no longer take advantage of that credit. I'm fine with that, I really just wanted an opportunity to see a new ship / new class. I just don't remember the particulars of the offer.

Seems like a great marketing idea by Princess. I wish they were a bit more direct in their advertisement of this program. For a once in a while thing and for someone who enjoy ships it is a kick.

I think this is a great program but could be run better. If not for CC I'd never know about it. I have never spoken to a TA that has heard of it. If you Google search it you find a bare minimum of information from Princess and at least as of two weeks ago the 2014 Schedule (Yes, 2014...the one where 8 months have elapsed) was still not published.

I have participated in a BVE once before on the Royal Princess. I synced up with some people I knew that were sailing and they got to come on board with me.

Something I do not remember, but hopefully someone can answer; this week I am doing BVE with in-laws who will board early with me. Will their stateroom be ready at this earlier time for them to drop off luggage?

When I did the BVE on Royal I opted out of the tour and had 30 minutes to roam the ship; this was enough time to see the Sanctuary area. Then I had a sit down lunch with wine included. This seemed to be a different, and limited, menu of some of what I suspect are Princess strong points. This was well served and enjoyed. It was pleasant to go to the MDR for a boarding lunch; other lines should offer this option.

I then had about 2 1/2 hours to roam the ship at my leisure and see as much as I could. (My leisure is still fast paced and I could not see the entire ship). I was provided with my free boarding picture. Very enjoyable day. I did not book within a certain timeframe after that and thus can no longer take advantage of that credit. I'm fine with that, I really just wanted an opportunity to see a new ship / new class. I just don't remember the particulars of the offer.

Seems like a great marketing idea by Princess. I wish they were a bit more direct in their advertisement of this program. For a once in a while thing and for someone who enjoy ships it is a kick.

Having friends doing the BVE on my last cruise our stateroom was ready when we boarded which is a nice plus for Princess. That's why we all need to help and be out of the Stateroom by 8 am so that the steward can clean the room for the next passengers.

Where can you find information on Princess' website about how to book this and for which sailings it is available?

The info is here... look near the bottom of the page. You have to call Princess to find out which sailings are available and to book (in general, most sailings from a US port are available).

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

Do they expire within a certain amount of time? I do not anticipate being able to cruise in 2015. What OBC amount do you receive

Two years, but usually can be extended another two years if you call Princess before they expire. Must book by the expiration date, not sail.

Can only purchase FCCs in names of persons actually on a Princess ship or have just finished a Princess cruise.

OBC is per person. Listed below is the OBC if FCC is purchased while on the ship. Lower amounts if purchased after a cruise.

……Length……………..Inside………….Oceanview…….Balcony/Mini/Suite

…..3-6 days……………$15…………………..$15……………………..$25

…..7-10 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

…..11-16 days….…..$75…………………..$75..…………………..$100

…...17+ day…...…..$125…..…………..$125..………………..$150

Edited by caribill

Two years, but usually can be extended another two years if you call Princess before they expire. Must book by the expiration date, not sail.

Can only purchase FCCs in names of persons actually on a Princess ship or have just finished a Princess cruise.

OBC is per person. Listed below is the OBC if FCC is purchased while on the ship. Lower amounts if purchased after a cruise.

……Length……………..Inside………….Oceanview…….Balcony/Mini/Suite

…..3-6 days……………$15…………………..$15……………………..$25

…..7-10 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

…..11-16 days….…..$75…………………..$75..…………………..$100

…...17+ day…...…..$125…..…………..$125..………………..$150

Thanks much, the formatting is perfect. Can anyone tell me, is this FCC amount combinable with other offers?

For instance, just a scenario, Princess is advertising a September sailing of Caribbean Princess for $199pp interior 5 night with $100 OBC. Would I be able to add the $15 from the FCC to the $100 being offered for $115 OBC? And then subtract the $39 BVE cost from the fare (or be given that as OBC as well?)

Pretty excited to embark tommorw. I know I have to get right back off but it feels like a cruise to me!

Thanks much, the formatting is perfect. Can anyone tell me, is this FCC amount combinable with other offers?

For instance, just a scenario, Princess is advertising a September sailing of Caribbean Princess for $199pp interior 5 night with $100 OBC. Would I be able to add the $15 from the FCC to the $100 being offered for $115 OBC? And then subtract the $39 BVE cost from the fare (or be given that as OBC as well?)

Pretty excited to embark tommorw. I know I have to get right back off but it feels like a cruise to me!

You can combine every source of OBC including the OBC from the FCC, the OBC for CCL stock ownership, the OBC for military service, the OBC for Princess promotions, the loyalty OBC and OBC from your TA. I believe the $39 is deducted from you cruise fare rather than as OBC.

Yes you can combine.

The BVE charge, $39, appears as a credit off the price of a newly booked cruise. It's not considered OBC.