Suggestions for kids please

Bobug

Hi Cruisers....

We are going on another cruise the week of Thanksgiving but this time we will have our 2 grand daughters with us...age 5 and 18 months old. Can you please give me suggestions? Hubby & I have been many times to Cozumel but I am hoping some of you that have taken small children have suggestions. Plus keep in mind this is the week of Thanksgiving...would love to avoid the packed out places.

Thank you!!

Took my kids to Playa Mia and they loved it. There is a large pool that is specifically for the 5 and under kids. There are also two water slides that your older one might like. The beach is nice and you can take the older one out to an inflatable obstacle course (they will give each of you a life vest, they are required) that my kids couldn't get enough of.

They serve typical buffet food (beans, rice, french fries, etc.) and drinks are included. My kids had virgin pina coladas and thought they were fantastic.

When we went it was a very quiet crowd. We were there in early May and it wasn't crowded and no one overindulged in the alcohol. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Not sure what the crowd would be like during a school holiday.

Took my kids to Playa Mia and they loved it. There is a large pool that is specifically for the 5 and under kids. There are also two water slides that your older one might like. The beach is nice and you can take the older one out to an inflatable obstacle course (they will give each of you a life vest, they are required) that my kids couldn't get enough of.

They serve typical buffet food (beans, rice, french fries, etc.) and drinks are included. My kids had virgin pina coladas and thought they were fantastic.

When we went it was a very quiet crowd. We were there in early May and it wasn't crowded and no one overindulged in the alcohol. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Not sure what the crowd would be like during a school holiday.

I am so afraid of the more popular places due to it being a school holiday...don't mind being with people but do not want to go to a place that is maxed out. Thank you... I will check into this.

Hi Cruisers....

We are going on another cruise the week of Thanksgiving but this time we will have our 2 grand daughters with us...age 5 and 18 months old. Can you please give me suggestions? Hubby & I have been many times to Cozumel but I am hoping some of you that have taken small children have suggestions. Plus keep in mind this is the week of Thanksgiving...would love to avoid the packed out places.

Thank you!!

I would have suggested a day pass to Allegro which has a nice kiddies water pool and splash area, smaller and quieter than Playa Mia but since the fire I am not sure if it will have reopened by the time you sail. Near the southern piers Park Royal offers day passes which has a nice childrens pool and childrens club but I am not surei that the younger one could participate. It is convenient for getting back to the ship if you are docked that way.

Hotel Melia offers day passes and childrens activities for over 4, but i haven't been.

Alternatively if you want quiet I would suggest a driver for the day, (see the long running thread on here) ToursPlaza would be able to advise on places to visit and has car seats for rent if necessary. I would head out to the quiet east side and go to Chen Rio, or perhaps Punta Sur for the day at the new beach club Papitos, for just playing in the sand and water.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cruisers....

Thank you!!

For children this young, I would suggest Playa Mia. They have a kiddie water park that is perfect for that age.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures in my signature line that you can look at and determine if it's right for you. :)

Playa Mia seems really cool based on those pictures, but man it looks like it can handle a HUGE amount of people, and that's just what we DON'T want.

We'll be sailing during spring break, so I doubt it will be so empty.

But we're always looking for something more secluded and relaxing.

We'll be traveling with a 6 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old girl. All 3 little princesses.

I want them to be able to run and play and enjoy themselves, without having to worry about someone bonking them in the head.

Anyone know of low key spots?

Is this typical of Playa Mia???

Playa Mia seems really cool based on those pictures, but man it looks like it can handle a HUGE amount of people, and that's just what we DON'T want.

We'll be sailing during spring break, so I doubt it will be so empty.

But we're always looking for something more secluded and relaxing.

We'll be traveling with a 6 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old girl. All 3 little princesses.

I want them to be able to run and play and enjoy themselves, without having to worry about someone bonking them in the head.

Anyone know of low key spots?

Is this typical of Playa Mia???

You can look on-line to figure out haw many ships/passengers will be in Coz on the same day as your scheduled visit.

With kids that young I cannot think of a spot better than Playa Mia.

I actually mistyped..... 18,000

Oasis, Carnival Conquest & Freedom, Disney Magic, Nieuw Amsterdaam, and Serenade

We'd like may venture away further to avoid the crowds, but we'd have to rent a car and lug 3 car seats.

We'll see.