AT&T iPhone service in Mexico and at sea on Carnival

World Gallery

We are on the Carnival Elation out of Mobile. Will our phones work? I have an iPhone 3g. If so, am I charged extra by the cruise line? Do I have to call AT&T to add "international"?

We go on an Eastern Carribean cruise later this year to Nassau. Will the phone work there (also Carnival)?

Thanks!

I am not sure on making calls at sea. However, do turn off the data on the because when you turn on the phone the iphone updates emails and such and the data charges can be bad. If you do not add international you will pay a higher rate per minute on the call. How much calling are you trying to do? You have to pay to go on the ships wifi.

I cruise out of Mobile often & also have an iPhone thru AT&T. I use text instead of phone calls.

Call AT&T customer service & ask them for Intl texting. It is usually $10 per month (turn it on & off at will) & allows 50 outgoing texts & unlimited inbound (depending on your plan) & only while I was in port or range of a land based cell tower. I always kept my phone off unless I was in Coz or Calica.

Turn off all data, notifications, & push as soon as you leave the last cell tower range out of Mobile & don't turn them back on until you get back to Mobile or else your cell bill will be the same as a mortgage payment!

Archived