Local tour options

desertmoon

We've seen the ship's excursions and contacted vendors recommended in Trip Advisor and the online rates seem pretty close to the ship's. Are there good free-lance options at the dock (as in Mexico, Puerto Rico and Bahamas) in

terms of reliability and lower costs? I assume negotiation is expected?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We searched online and found Oscar Brown Tours for our November cruise. Carol Brown will respond to your questions...she was great in getting back to us every time. Ask for Ron as your guide. He was absolutely terrific (party of two plus a party of eight). I would suggest Tour 3-2, which combines the Tortuguero Canal and the Veragua Rainforest with aerial tram ride. It include an excellent lunch right on the beach. Hope this helps. By the way, the best shopping in Limon is right at the pier-side market. Good gift options and you only have a few yards back to the ship.

• 4 months later...

I have used Oscar Brown several times and have recommended him to many times to count. Have been off the boards forever, but must say Oscar is a wonderful tour guide.

I plan on using him on for our tour in Puntarenas in October. Carol does an excellent job. There is a website that you can check out tours in Puerto Limon just do a search. I had to contact and ask what we could do in Puntarenas.

Enjoy Costa Rica it is magical. If you haven't ziplined this is an awesome place to do it.

The tip about market buying gifts by desertmoon is awesome. I bought some amazing gifts for myself there:D

Edited by Driftwoodgal