Transportation to Pier 35 in San Francisco

cblacbku

Hi - We live in the Central Coast area of CA and are departing from Pier 35 in San Francisco on the Sea Princess. Does anyone know of any shuttle or other transportation that would take us to and from our home area to the pier? Thank you.

While this doesn't impact me immediately, I'm looking into just the opposite. Needing transportation from the pier up to Sacramento next May. I know a taxi would run me about $200; I really! don't want to do that.

If you live near enough to catch the amtrak, you might try that. It would put you about off downtown. Threre are buses that go near the pier. Also one block over to Market you can take one of the old trolley cars. This requires the transfer of cases, don't know if you want to be bother with that. Also look in to hotels in the airport area. There use to be several stay and park hotels. For the price of a night you could have you car taken care of. Then use the supershuttle (check on line) from hotel or airport to pier 35. Have a great cruise.

since you live in sacramento why not rent a limo both ways thats what we did when we took the dawn to alaska , it was less then parking in san fransico and it was less then us taking the amtrak. and we live in lodi area. just a thought , save time saves you the head ache of fighting sf traffic and you can sit back and drink while youre being driven to port , check the internet thats what we did good luck

since you live in sacramento why not rent a limo both ways thats what we did when we took the dawn to alaska , it was less then parking in san fransico and it was less then us taking the amtrak. and we live in lodi area. just a thought , save time saves you the head ache of fighting sf traffic and you can sit back and drink while youre being driven to port , check the internet thats what we did good luck

I'll only need ground transportation from SF, I fly from here to FLL to pick up the cruise which ends in SF. I'll look into a limo service to see what they charge; if it's less than an arm & a leg (the taxi rate) it's going to be worth it.

We did Amtrak, and it only runs about $30 pp (they have AAA discounts too). It's extremely convenient for Sacramento (not sure about the Central Coast). The train only runs up to Emeryville but there is an Amtrak bus that goes from there around SF and has a stop right by Pier 35. There are many trains/bus combos during the day and you can buy your tickets online ahead of time. The tickets are good for 1 year I think, so they're not tied to a particular time - never had problems with room on the bus or train either. We did this 3 times already (once as a return, the other 2 it was the Dawn RT out of SF) and wouldn't go any other way. :)

The OP is not from Sacramento but from the Central Coast.

How about taking the Coast Starlight from SLO or Paso Robles to San Jose, then take Caltrain to San Francisco? Or take the Coast Starlight to Oakland's Jack London Square and cab to San Francisco. Unfortunately Amtrak doesn't serve San Francisco directly.

Another option would be to rent a car and drop it off in San Francisco. Since it's probably a 3.5 to 4 hour drive I'd suggest arriving the day prior to your cruise and reduce your stress level by enjoying a night in the city.

We did Amtrak, and it only runs about $30 pp (they have AAA discounts too). It's extremely convenient for Sacramento (not sure about the Central Coast). The train only runs up to Emeryville but there is an Amtrak bus that goes from there around SF and has a stop right by Pier 35. There are many trains/bus combos during the day and you can buy your tickets online ahead of time. The tickets are good for 1 year I think, so they're not tied to a particular time - never had problems with room on the bus or train either. We did this 3 times already (once as a return, the other 2 it was the Dawn RT out of SF) and wouldn't go any other way. :)

Yes, the Amtrak is convenient - I've taken it down to Emeryville & then the Amtrak thruway bus to Pier 39 for lunch and then back. Unfortunately I'll have 5 pcs of luggage to contend with (that includes 2 carry ons, & my walker).

Trevan

If you choose a limo - shop around - some can be very reasonable. Also you might want to have them pick you up by the flags down the block a little from the pier (as you come out of the pier look to your right - you can't miss them).

Corinda

Trevan

If you choose a limo - shop around - some can be very reasonable. Also you might want to have them pick you up by the flags down the block a little from the pier (as you come out of the pier look to your right - you can't miss them).

Corinda

This would be out front of the aquarium or that area, i.e. Pier 39?

Archived