LL Bean Portland Maine

sandydownunder

I wouldn't mind visiting the LL Bean store (or outlet store) if I have time. From my research I am a bit confused. I have the address as 542 Congress Street. I assumed it was in Portland but it may be in Freeport.

Where is the store?

If it is in Feeport how far away is that from Portland? How long would it take?

Is there a bus?

Thanks,

Sandra

Sandy-There's an outlet in Freeport also right near the flagship store. Go to the llbean website and it will list the information for the Portland and Freeport stores. Here is a link for a map of LLbean in Freeport.

http://cdn.llbean.com/shop/retailStores/freeportFlagshipStore/images/2009_Freeport_Map.pdf

Freeport is worth the 1/2 hour drive if you have the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The main store is located in Freeport Maine; the store located in Portland Maine is an outlet. I do agree with the time (24/7); the store in Freeport is the one to visit provided you have the time and transportation.

http://www.llbean.com/shop/retailStores/freeportFlagshipStore/homeStore/homeStore.html

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

we'vebeen to the Freeport store and was at the Portland one this summer. We found a few useful things in Portland but the Freeport one is very much better.

If you don't want to take the time to go to Freeport, it's worth a visit in Portland IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Q: I want to visit the LLBean store in Freeport. How do I get there? Taxi? local tours that include a stop there?

A: I'm not aware of any tours originating in Portland that stop at the LLBean store in Freeport; IMO, it is not a tourist destination but a destination for the serious shopper. There are really 2 options: rent a car or go by taxi. If you search this forum for car rental Portland, you should receive numerous hits because your question has been asked before. The distance from Portland to Freeport is about 17.5 miles.

SBtS

• 1 month later...

It's a short drive in a rental car, but an expensive one in a taxi. The main store is

wonderful, and the outlet is across the side street. There's a guy selling red hot dogs

on the corner....delicious. If you do go, and you do drive, go to Harraseeket Wharf

for your lunch.....lobster rolls, steamed clams, fried clams and boats to look at.

Anyone can tell you how to get there.

LLBean is like Wonderland, tons of outdoors stuff, but also t-shirts, jackets, boat totes,

a kitchen section with jars of wild blueberries for pies, etc. It's a destination in itself!!

Archived