Which Drink Voucher Package to Buy?

helen haywood

We will be in the YC on Divina. I was thinking about buying some drink vouchers for when we were outside YC. There is the Cocktail Package with 12 vouchers but the website doesn't say what price point the drinks can be....then there is the More for Less with 18 vouchers which says drinks up to $8. Looking at an old review of Gambee's with the drink prices...it looks like a lot of them are over $8. Any advice as to which one would be the best?

Any advice as to which one would be the best?

I always recommend the Escape Pass ($84) as it is a much better value. The coupons are really accepted for most everything except for true higher end items as indicated by the red asterisks on the menus.

Bret

Thanks! I just bought the $84 one. Back in 2014 I thought I'd reserved them online and paid for them onboard. This time my cc was immediately charged. Am I remembering incorrectly? I'm happy to pay now...just wondered about my memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I always recommend the Escape Pass ($84) as it is a much better value. The coupons are really accepted for most everything except for true higher end items as indicated by the red asterisks on the menus.

Bret

Is it for all itineraries? I looked at the website and do not see the drink packages for Med cruises.

Is it for all itineraries? I looked at the website and do not see the drink packages for Med cruises.

The on-line brochure on the UK web site has the beverage packages that apply to the med.

here is a link to the UK on-line brochures

you need to view pages 24-25 of the 2016/2017 brochure or 138-139 of the 2017/2018 brochure

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, I bought 2 of the Escape passes @ $84 just recently. Had to go looking for it, found it :p

From MSC website: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Alcohol-Packages.aspx

MORE-FOR-LESS ESCAPE PASS - Caribbean & Antilles and South America Cruises

Save with freedom!

18 vouchers for the consumption of a wide range of drinks from the Bar and Wine list including wines by the glass, draft, bottled or canned beer, canned sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, a wide selection of coffee-based drinks, premium teas, hot chocolate delights, a selection of call-brand spirits, cocktails, as well as take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

The vouchers are for consumption in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars.

$84

*Prices may vary by ship or sailings date and are subject to change. Please click “SEE PRICING” and login to view packages & pricing for your specific sailing.

I think that deserves a Cheers, :p

Correct. Since it's not an actual package per se, the coupons can be shared with others.

No way do I want to end up with left over coupons so, if some pax run out of coupons and it's the last night and we have lots, we'll share, afterall, they're already paid for.

Funny, but we always seem to be sharing something, usually wine, on NCL. We purchase bottles of wine and share those frequently, so glad to see MSC is similar with these books of coupons.

Cheers,

:o Duh I have spent hours on this today going round in circles!!

I am after the voucher packages which should be available for caribbean cruise

2 weeks 24 Jan 2017 but when I get into my booking they dont show up as an option. I whizzed off an email to msc UK but as it is a hot thread thought

I would ask if anyone from the UK knows if they are available on a uk booked

caribbean cruise.

:o Duh I have spent hours on this today going round in circles!!

I am after the voucher packages which should be available for caribbean cruise

2 weeks 24 Jan 2017 but when I get into my booking they dont show up as an option. I whizzed off an email to msc UK but as it is a hot thread thought

I would ask if anyone from the UK knows if they are available on a uk booked caribbean cruise.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Alcoholic-Packages.aspx

MORE-FOR-LESS ESCAPE PASS - Caribbean, Cuba & Antilles and South America Cruises

Save with freedom!

18 vouchers for the consumption of a wide range of drinks from the Bar and Wine list including wines by the glass, draft, bottled or canned beer, canned sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, a wide selection of coffee-based drinks, premium teas, hot chocolate delights, a selection of call-brand spirits, cocktails, as well as take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

The vouchers are for consumption in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars.

The unused coupons can neither be reimbursed nor used for another cruise or on another vessel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

PS - I did have to click on Alcoholic Beverages twice for this package to appear.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Hi Connie - Thanks - I already found that and tried it. Have just had another go and yes it is there but when I get to adding it to my shopping cart it is just not there!! Every package for every thinkable event including Gluten-free birthday cake (frozen) * but no MORE-FOR-LESS ESCAPE PASS vouchers. nor the Zero alcohol one

MORE-FOR-LESS ZERO-PROOF PASS

Save with freedom!

Beverage card for 18 consumptions in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars. The package is valid for all non-alcoholic cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes, canned soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, a wide selection of coffee-based delights, premium teas, hot chocolate delights, as well as take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

@Sandi07054 - Thanks will probably have to get my partner to do just that I have hearing aids for both ears and sometimes have difficulty on the phone. Will wait for the reply to email to MSC

:mad::mad::mad:

Thank you for your email enquiry

We regret that the More for Less Escape pass, and Zero proof pass are not available for sailings from Bridgetown i'm afraid. Both of these packages are only applicable for sailings from the port of Miami only.

:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone heard that before!! I might ask them why it doesnt happen to mention that small fact on the UK web pages.

Hi Aulanis,

That's crazy, not being able to get the drink coupons. The only thing I will add is that when I look at the US site, it doesn't even show Bridgetown as a departure port. Not sure if it's just me or a glitch in their website :rolleyes: although that never happens.. :p or perhaps we'd have to call to book a departure from there.

The UK site shows Bridgetown but I can't see the packages available since I'm not booked. Seems strange though but MSC has many things that are specific to the country, the cruise is booked through and/or the region the cruise is sailing to /in.

Certainly seems frustrating though, hope you can get some resolution.

Cheers,

As I am the OP I thought I'd come back and say that while I did buy the vouchers for our August cruise, we were in the Yacht Club and we came home with half of them unused. And that was "forcing" my DH to use them for gelato a couple of times. If you are in the Yacht Club you do not need to purchase the vouchers, IMHO. And as Yacht Club will be all inclusive (drink wise) starting next summer, there certainly would be no point!