Posted February 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
1) No, there were no complaints. The balconies are at least 10' deep with walls on either side. Unless you hung over the railing smoke isn't going far..ergo, I would think no complaints.
2) I have no idea but thanks for the heads up. We plan to stay there Nov. 5, 6 ,& 7. I was going to wait to book but I think I will call them very soon.
3) I have no second choice, for us it is the best and only.
4) There was a coffee maker in our room.
5) Since we left from the pier at San Pedro we hired a Town Car to take us to the ship. Depending on the amount of your luggage it is walkable. There also is the trolley which goes directly there. I would check with the hotel to see if they have another way to get there.
This hotel is a wonderful stop on your way to cruising. The staff to a person was great. The grounds are relaxing. The only negative I observed is that the bathrooms are tiny and can be used by one person at a time, but how much time does one spend there anyway? Everything else was perfect, the rooms, dining, the pool area, the views.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.