Lobster

Looking to find out if RCCl has on its 7 day cruise serves lobster that is part of its menu without a surcharge. If so which night is it served?

Thanks

The fifth of sixth night generally. Just depends on what night that particular ship holds their second formal night.

No lobster at all on Med cruises unless you pay for it though from what Ive read.

Looking to find out if RCCl has on its 7 day cruise serves lobster that is part of its menu without a surcharge. If so which night is it served?

Thanks

Seeing how you're from New England, I can tell you that it won't be the kind of lobster you're accustomed to. They usually serve warm water (Caribbean) lobster tails in the MDR. If you want Maine lobster (from Chops or Portofino), there will be a surcharge.

Surcharge? No, when I was on the Explorer a few years back I had 5 Lobster tails in the MDR and could of had more. I am looking forward to lobster night again.

There is no surcharge for the lobster tails included In the Fishermans Platter. That is what you had.

There IS a surcharge for whole Maine lobster.

Complimentary in the Main Dining Room on one of the nights. On Oasis this past June it was served on the second Formal Night (Day 5 I believe).

However, Maine Lobster was always available to order off of the Main Dining Room Menu any other night, however, there was a charge of around $25 for it.

There is also a charge for it in the Specialty Dining Venue's around the ship which offer lobster as a dish.

Seeing how you're from New England, I can tell you that it won't be the kind of lobster you're accustomed to. They usually serve warm water (Caribbean) lobster tails in the MDR. If you want Maine lobster (from Chops or Portofino), there will be a surcharge.

Even though it's warm water lobster, some times they don't do a half bad job with it. I live for cold water lobster but I still roll the dice and order the tails on every cruise. At home we usually buy them right off the boats.

Even though it's warm water lobster, some times they don't do a half bad job with it. I live for cold water lobster but I still roll the dice and order the tails on every cruise. At home we usually buy them right off the boats.

I most certainly cannot complain with the Lobster served in the Main Dining Room. Every time I have had it it has been good.

Agreed. Every time I've had it, it's been pretty good. I've never had Maine lobster fresh off the boats but I have had it before. It's excellent and the Caribbean variety can't compare but they are still pretty good if cooked properly.

Just got back from 7 nights on the Radiance and they had lobster tail and shrimp on the 2nd formal night. No up charge. Also they were pushing the captains table and letting it go for $50 dollars that night instead of the regular $95. I don't know if they had many takers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just got back from 7 nights on the Radiance and they had lobster tail and shrimp on the 2nd formal night. No up charge. Also they were pushing the captains table and letting it go for $50 dollars that night instead of the regular $95. I don't know if they had many takers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry but there is a big difference between cold water lobster and warm..............

Sorry but there is a big difference between cold water lobster and warm..............

Im not sure what part of his post mentioned anything about a cold water lobster. *sigh* :confused:

Yes we know that. You New Englanders around never fail to point out the difference and let us know how inferior our warm water lobster tails are.

I just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Liberty, and there was no lobster night at all. I asked our waiter about this, and she simply said they no longer have lobster night. I don't know if this is just on the Liberty or fleetwide though.

I just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Liberty, and there was no lobster night at all. I asked our waiter about this, and she simply said they no longer have lobster night. I don't know if this is just on the Liberty or fleetwide though.

No lobster on Mediterranean cruises :) Isnt Liberty sailing from Spain right now?

Im not sure what part of his post mentioned anything about a cold water lobster. *sigh* :confused:

Yes we know that. You New Englanders around never fail to point out the difference and let us know how inferior our warm water lobster tails are.

Yes! Folks make a big deal about it, but I'm not a real big lobster fan and take it or leave it but I had it on my last cruise and I enjoyed it. My waiter brought me another one without even asking and that was cool. So I really don't know the difference between the two but my DH (A Lobster Fan) said the one she had was good, but being from Buffalo she said she have had better!

Yes! Folks make a big deal about it, but I'm not a real big lobster fan and take it or leave it but I had it on my last cruise and I enjoyed it. My waiter brought me another one without even asking and that was cool. So I really don't know the difference between the two but my DH (A Lobster Fan) said the one she had was good, but being from Buffalo she said she have had better!

Sorry to my fellow New Englanders but I'm not sure what the big deal is. There is a big difference between cold water and warm water lobster but that doesn't make the latter bad. Even though they're called lobsters, they're a different crustacean altogether.

Sorry to my fellow New Englanders but I'm not sure what the big deal is. There is a big difference between cold water and warm water lobster but that doesn't make the latter bad. Even though they're called lobsters, they're a different crustacean altogether.

Regardless of whether they are cold water or warm water lobsters, my main problem with the lobsters on cruise ships is that they are frozen.

Regardless of whether they are cold water or warm water lobsters, my main problem with the lobsters on cruise ships is that they are frozen.

I can handle that part. I love snowcrab legs and realize i will probably NEVER get to eat them "fresh off the boat" because I doubt I will ever see Dutch Harbor. Flash freezing doesnt bother me in the least.

My biggest deal with lobster on board cruise ships is if they cook it properly and dont over do them.

I can handle that part. I love snowcrab legs and realize i will probably NEVER get to eat them "fresh off the boat" because I doubt I will ever see Dutch Harbor. Flash freezing doesnt bother me in the least.

My biggest deal with lobster on board cruise ships is if they cook it properly and dont over do them.

I'm with you, Ryano. Cold water lobster, warm water lobster, shrimp or crab - unless it's JUST been caught/harvested and properly handled, I'd much rather have my seafood flash frozen before preparation. I would rather have it overcooked, though, vs. undercooked (except for Ahi tuna).

Only had bad lobster once on a cruise on formal night - it was very fishy. Usually it's pretty darned good and the last one I had on a cruise this past winter was absolutely delicious!

I didn't say a word.

Archived