Koningsdam - deck 11 balcoy.

jolly_cruiser

I am currently looking into booking a deck 11 balcony for a cruise in Norway next July on the Koningsdam.

I just wanted to check if there is any concerns with noise or other issues from deck 12 which is open and has no cabins.

Also under normal Sea conditions is there more than usual rocking in deck 11 at the aft cabin locations?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I am a first time cruiser on HAL and am not very familiar with this ship or the cruiseline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by jolly_cruiser
Spelling error

Jolly Cruiser, I don't have an answer to your question but we will be in a deck 11 cabin on the Koningsdam in a little over two weeks, so I'll be able to give you an answer when we return the end of Aug. I have the same questions you do.

• 9 months later...
Jolly Cruiser, I don't have an answer to your question but we will be in a deck 11 cabin on the Koningsdam in a little over two weeks, so I'll be able to give you an answer when we return the end of Aug. I have the same questions you do.

Hi, Can you let me know your experience with Deck 11 on the koningsdam?

That would be helpful. We will be onboard in 6 weeks.

Jolly_cruiser, be very careful which cabin you choose. We were on the Koningsdam for 28 days last month on deck 10, at the end of the hall near the midship pool, near the outdoor movie screen. Here's my report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494003

I don't believe deck 11 has a door at the end of the hallway like we had, but I'm sure we got noise through the wall as well as through the door. I would think that as long as you don't pick one of deck 11's cabins that share a wall with the open midship pool area, you won't have a noise issue.

We did a transatlantic and I didn't find the ship's motion on deck 10 to be a problem at all, but I might not be a good one to ask since I'm accustomed to the motion of a sailboat.

Jolly_cruiser, be very careful which cabin you choose. We were on the Koningsdam for 28 days last month on deck 10, at the end of the hall near the midship pool, near the outdoor movie screen. Here's my report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494003

I don't believe deck 11 has a door at the end of the hallway like we had, but I'm sure we got noise through the wall as well as through the door. I would think that as long as you don't pick one of deck 11's cabins that share a wall with the open midship pool area, you won't have a noise issue.

We did a transatlantic and I didn't find the ship's motion on deck 10 to be a problem at all, but I might not be a good one to ask since I'm accustomed to the motion of a sailboat.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am not in a cabin that shares a wall with the pool area luckily.

We were on deck 11 last summer on the Koningsdam on a cruise to Norway. We experienced high winds on the return to Amsterdam (ship had to go to Rotterdam instead of through the canal) and we were bused to Amsterdam. Still we didn't notice movement. Our cabin was a huge ocean view facing forward this link has lots of photos and details of the cabin 11001

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2016/07/25/a-look-inside-stateroom-11001-on-holland-americas-koningsdam-cruise-ship/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on deck 11 last summer on the Koningsdam on a cruise to Norway. We experienced high winds on the return to Amsterdam (ship had to go to Rotterdam instead of through the canal) and we were bused to Amsterdam. Still we didn't notice movement. Our cabin was a huge ocean view facing forward this link has lots of photos and details of the cabin 11001

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2016/07/25/a-look-inside-stateroom-11001-on-holland-americas-koningsdam-cruise-ship/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is very good information. Thanks. It looks like we will be ok on the 11th deck even in Windy conditions.