Dunn's River and Margaritville

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:45 PM.
Lubbock, Texas
43 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
We are going to be in Ocho Rios in early August. Would it be best to do the Falls first and then Margaritaville or vice-versa. We would like to eat lunch and lounge in the pool area at Margaritaville. I am concerned that Margaritaville will be packed by the time we get there. Any comments or suggestions?

7/31/04 Century
Minnesota
1,071 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
I would recommend the falls first, then Margartaville. We went with Peat Taylor. We went to the falls, then a tour, and afterwards dropped us off at Margaritaville. We did not have any problem getting a table. Margaritaville is walking distance to the ship. That short distance has lots of security.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04
Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05
Central Texas
6,636 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
I would do the Falls first. You will enjoy them more if you aren't fighting people for space. We were so fortunate to almost have them to ourselves when we went. Margaritaville will be there when you are done with the Falls. It is a short walk back to the ship so you could savor every last minute, before having to board the ship.

God bless you and yours.
Hudson Valley, NY-USA
9,894 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Question on going to Margaritville after the falls. Where did you change??? I wouldn't want to go in my wet suit or cloths over the wet suit.

Thanks

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01
Phoenix, AZ
52 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Go in your wet suit! There's a pool with a swim up bar, a good waterslide and a hot tub at Margaritaville.

4/24/04, Explorer of the Seas, Western Carribean