Private Tour

pbrady

Does anyone know a good guide to do a custom tour for just the four of us? We did Cosol & loved it but when checking for our next cruise, I believe he got pretty pricey and we don't need all the treats. We'd like to try something else. I looked at a few of the recommended guides on this site but they appear to do only the tours on their web-site & they fill the bus/van. We have been to St. Lucia many, many, times but this time we are taking one person that has never been in the Caribbean. The rest of us made a specific list we want to show her.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know a good guide to do a custom tour for just the four of us? We did Cosol & loved it but when checking for our next cruise, I believe he got pretty pricey and we don't need all the treats. We'd like to try something else. I looked at a few of the recommended guides on this site but they appear to do only the tours on their web-site & they fill the bus/van. We have been to St. Lucia many, many, times but this time we are taking one person that has never been in the Caribbean. The rest of us made a specific list we want to show her.

Thanks!!

Many companies will do a private tour, but it will cost more than their set tours. Serenity TVL, PHV Tours, Island Man Taxi and Tours, Real St Lucia Tours, Barefoot Holidays, Solar Taxi and Tours, etc all offer both set tours and private tours. Cosol, James, Spencer Ambrose, Frank's Touring, etc will all be happy to out together a private tour also for the right price.

You can also simply hire a taxi/driver at the port and head to the places you want to see. All the licensed drivers will be in uniform, and have a taxi with "TX" license plates, and are knowledgeable about the island, etc.

Enjoy your visit.

• 1 month later...

I can personally vouch for Serenity Tours. We did our first tour - a private one to the Pitons and then a snorkel boat trip back to the Harbor - with them in 2009. In 2010 we returned and did a 4 person (with another couple from our roll call) excursion that included zip lining, a stop for lunch at a farm and waterfall in the rain forest, and then a drive to a part of the island we hadn't seen the first visit. Two weeks ago we made a 3rd stop and with a group from our roll call we went on a tour that included a rum distillery (17 rums to taste!). They are fantastic to work with and your couldn't ask for more personable tour guides.

Edited by capriccio

Any idea what it would cost to just hire a taxi driver for a day to take us wherever?

YYJValerie,

This will all depend on where you will be travelling to. Going to Soufriere alone can easily cost $80.00 and up depending on the number of persons you are travelling with. I suggest you do some research on places you would like to explore then negotiating with the taxi for a group price. The rate will depend on where you are going and how much time you spend there. You can also look into some local companies and have them prepare a personalized itinerary for you. There's Serenity TVL, PVH Tours, Island man taxi, Barefoot Holidays just to name a few. Have fun!:)

Edited by Dragon2109

I can personally vouch for Serenity Tours. We did our first tour - a private one to the Pitons and then a snorkel boat trip back to the Harbor - with them in 2009. In 2010 we returned and did a 4 person (with another couple from our roll call) excursion that included zip lining, a stop for lunch at a farm and waterfall in the rain forest, and then a drive to a part of the island we hadn't seen the first visit. Two weeks ago we made a 3rd stop and with a group from our roll call we went on a tour that included a rum distillery (17 rums to taste!). They are fantastic to work with and your couldn't ask for more personable tour guides.

We second the recommendation for Serenity Tours.

Here is the comment I just posted for another answer on the thread:

We used Serenity Tours last holiday season, based upon a particular review here on CC, and they were the BEST!

We contacted them directly for a private tour, and they were great to work with to customize the day specifically given our interests, and they made a couple of suggestions.

It was a first class operation, from car/driver, to a return to the dock in a private boat.

We are already booked with them again for this year's holiday cruise.

St. Lucia is the only island that is duplicated from last year's cruise, and we had some specific requests again.

Last year, at our request, they also arranged to take us to a couple of hotels, thinking of a return non-cruise vacation. They added another hotel, and that did indeed turn out to be the "winner". That's the one we'll stay at in the future, and we didn't otherwise know about it.

GeezerCouple