Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:25 AM
kkpcruiser's Avatar
kkpcruiser kkpcruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 487
Question EPIC booking question?

I am trying to book a last minute trip on the Epic for January 2013. I looked on the website a few days ago and many cabins were available in the category I'm considering but yesterday when I went to look further at possibilities, every category is now a guarantee. why would that be? For a number of reasons, don't want to book guarantee. Too much unknown for me !

now my dates are somewhat limited so this would be the only week I can make it work

Any ideas on why?
__________________
Happy Cruisin'!
Karen


VOYAGER OF THE SEA 7/2003
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEA 1/2005
DISNEY WONDER 5/2005
ADVENTURE OF THE SEA 7/2005
SERENADE OF THE SEA NEW YEARS 2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 10/2007
DISNEY WONDER 12/2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 4/2009
LIBERTY OF THE SEA 9/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 11/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 5/2010
RADIANCE OF THE SEA 10/2010
NCL EPIC 1/2013
OASIS OF THE SEAS 1/2014

We' ve been on an ALL INCLUSIVE KICK but ready to cruise again!👍

Planning a new cruising adventure
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
cruisin07family cruisin07family is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 724
Default

Is the sailing you are looking at on the 12 days sale? My Epic 1/5 cruise is still showing many cabin types available and I also checked 1/19 just out of curiosity and those cabins are also listed. Maybe there was a glitch at ncl when you looked? I like to book online myself but perhaps a phone call will get you better results.

Just in case you are looking at the 1/5 date, we have a pretty active roll call going and have a meet & greet planned already. You can join us on the Epic Roll Call board.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM
kkpcruiser's Avatar
kkpcruiser kkpcruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 487
Default

It might be on the sale. But it's not a hot deal . So if its on the sale , Is that what happens... All are GTY?

I am looking at the 1/12 sailing but thanks for the invite. Once I book I will join a roll call. Hoping this works!! When sale ends, Will it go back to cabin listings?

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin07family View Post
Is the sailing you are looking at on the 12 days sale? My Epic 1/5 cruise is still showing many cabin types available and I also checked 1/19 just out of curiosity and those cabins are also listed. Maybe there was a glitch at ncl when you looked? I like to book online myself but perhaps a phone call will get you better results.

Just in case you are looking at the 1/5 date, we have a pretty active roll call going and have a meet & greet planned already. You can join us on the Epic Roll Call board.
__________________
Happy Cruisin'!
Karen


VOYAGER OF THE SEA 7/2003
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEA 1/2005
DISNEY WONDER 5/2005
ADVENTURE OF THE SEA 7/2005
SERENADE OF THE SEA NEW YEARS 2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 10/2007
DISNEY WONDER 12/2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 4/2009
LIBERTY OF THE SEA 9/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 11/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 5/2010
RADIANCE OF THE SEA 10/2010
NCL EPIC 1/2013
OASIS OF THE SEAS 1/2014

We' ve been on an ALL INCLUSIVE KICK but ready to cruise again!👍

Planning a new cruising adventure
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:31 AM
jdvmd's Avatar
jdvmd jdvmd is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpcruiser View Post
I am trying to book a last minute trip on the Epic for January 2013. I looked on the website a few days ago and many cabins were available in the category I'm considering but yesterday when I went to look further at possibilities, every category is now a guarantee. why would that be? For a number of reasons, don't want to book guarantee. Too much unknown for me !

now my dates are somewhat limited so this would be the only week I can make it work

Any ideas on why?
Sounds like those people that originally booked guarantees have not been assigned their cabins hence why you are not seeing any cabin numbers.
We have had nothing but good experiences with guarantees.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
JERSEYGIRL1983 JERSEYGIRL1983 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SOFLA
Posts: 196
Default

Just call NCL and speak with someone directly. Im pretty sure u'll be able to pick ur own cabin by calling. they wanna book rooms so if u say your not interested cuz of guaranty, they should accomodate u
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:21 PM
kjquilts kjquilts is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,282
Default

Clear your history/cookies and try again. Jan 12th comes up for me with staterooms from inside to minisuites ..... even some aft balconies left.
__________________
Karen (and Larry)
Gr Princess June 01 Carib / Costa Medit Jan 04 Carib / NCL Sun March 06 Carib / NCL Pearl Sept 07 Alaska 40th Anniv / NCL Star Jan 08 Mex Riv / NCL Pearl May 08 2 Nite / NCL Spirit Apr 09 Carib / NCL Star Nov 2009 Mex Riv / NCL EPIC Aug 10 / NCL Pearl Oct 10 KJ & Mom / NCL Star Pac Coastal Sept 11 Big 65 for Larry / NCL Star from NO to Carib Jan 13 / NCL Sun to Alaska June 13 / NCL Epic 8 Day Carib Jan 14 / NCL POA Hawaii Oct 14 / NCL Star 12 Day British Isles Sept 2015

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
kkpcruiser's Avatar
kkpcruiser kkpcruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 487
Default

Kj....this am while out I also was able to bring up some cabins but now that I am home, again all are back to guarantee..which is irritating. I am going to call them as someone suggested.

Grrrr.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
Clear your history/cookies and try again. Jan 12th comes up for me with staterooms from inside to minisuites ..... even some aft balconies left.
__________________
Happy Cruisin'!
Karen


VOYAGER OF THE SEA 7/2003
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEA 1/2005
DISNEY WONDER 5/2005
ADVENTURE OF THE SEA 7/2005
SERENADE OF THE SEA NEW YEARS 2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 10/2007
DISNEY WONDER 12/2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 4/2009
LIBERTY OF THE SEA 9/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 11/2009
MAJESTY OF THE SEA 5/2010
RADIANCE OF THE SEA 10/2010
NCL EPIC 1/2013
OASIS OF THE SEAS 1/2014

We' ve been on an ALL INCLUSIVE KICK but ready to cruise again!👍

Planning a new cruising adventure
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.