Internet on QM2

electra2008

You can get Maritime internet connection pretty much anywhere. Buy an internet plan or by the minute. It's easy to configure and has reception all over the ship. Sometimes it's busy. Best to try once first sitting has started.

You will have to buy internet minutes either by the minute or in packages, there is no free internet. They are expensive and the speed is very slow. There in an internet center in the "Conexxions" area with wired p.cs. These might be best for you if your only going to send emails.

If you have a wireless equipped p.c. you can use it in your room or suite, but as previously mentioned, there may be times, when many people are trying to use the service where you might not be able to connect. Early AM or late PM seem to be the best times.

The protocol to log on and sign off is less than user friendly, and failure to logoff and end the session, will cause you to waste minutes which you have paid for at a pretty steep price. So pay close attention to the process.

And yes you can use the service in mid-Atlantic, Pacific as the connection is via satellite.

Good luck and enjoy your voyage.

Cheers Mike

You can access cunard.com for free. This is useful for testing the connection speed (I suppose it's possible that the pages are served from a local cache though).

It used to be that the cruise booking pages were served from pocruises.com which meant you couldn't access those pages for free while on board but on the Christmas cruise I was able to check prices and stateroom availability via Cunard.com with the meter not running.

You can access cunard.com for free. This is useful for testing the connection speed (I suppose it's possible that the pages are served from a local cache though).

It used to be that the cruise booking pages were served from pocruises.com which meant you couldn't access those pages for free while on board but on the Christmas cruise I was able to check prices and stateroom availability via Cunard.com with the meter not running.

You can connect for free to the Cunard.com website from the login pages. Before you enter any of your own details, passwords etc.