Beach Recommendations out of Falmouth

MissCheekx

Planning on a beach day for our party of 12 in Jamaica. Four adults, 7 kids 6-14 years old. What are your favorite beaches? And what is the best way to get there? Sailing on the Liberty April 21-26, 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just returned from a week on the Oasis and did Royal's Bamboo Beach Club. It takes an hour to get there, but you get to see some of the Island plus our guide told us lots of interesting things about her country. The Beach is beautiful, just like a post card!

117.jpg.b172c06596c2b6e59cd416ad5657baae.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent! Let me know what you think. That one is on our list of maybe's.

I'm back from my cruise as of yesterday. In Falmouth we went to Doctors Cave beach and had a great time. The beach is beautiful and they have food/drink service right on the beach. It was a 30 minute drive but well worth it.

I'm back from my cruise as of yesterday. In Falmouth we went to Doctors Cave beach and had a great time. The beach is beautiful and they have food/drink service right on the beach. It was a 30 minute drive but well worth it.

Was this booked through the cruise line or on your own?

Was this booked through the cruise line or on your own?

We booked it on our own with http://www.bookitvacationjamaica.com. We booked a private van only for us....there were 10 of us.......with a carseat. The tour guide stayed with us at the beach and said we could go back to the ship anytime we wanted so it was nice to leave the return time open for us to decide.

While the beach is gorgeous, we hated Doctors Cave for the chairs/servjce. Unless they changed it, you do not get loungers. You get the most uncomfortable "deck" chairs you could imagine. I ended up sitting on a mat all day, which while not great, was way better than the chair they gave me. When I am on a beach, I want a LOUNGER not a stupid deck chair that cuts off the circulation in my legs. Hubby hated it also. Service was awful - out waitress was more interested in smoking her joint than she was in getting the food my husband ordered. He finally gave up and went and go it himself and it was ice cold. Would not go there againl

While the beach is gorgeous, we hated Doctors Cave for the chairs/servjce. Unless they changed it, you do not get loungers. You get the most uncomfortable "deck" chairs you could imagine. I ended up sitting on a mat all day, which while not great, was way better than the chair they gave me. When I am on a beach, I want a LOUNGER not a stupid deck chair that cuts off the circulation in my legs. Hubby hated it also. Service was awful - out waitress was more interested in smoking her joint than she was in getting the food my husband ordered. He finally gave up and went and go it himself and it was ice cold. Would not go there againl

Fortunately for us we had a much better experience. There were loungers and plenty of them, not the deck chairs you are talking about. We found the food/drink service to be quite good. There were several servers walking around taking orders. The food & drinks came quickly and were actually good. I was there last week. Looks like things have improved since you were there.