Golfo Dulce Rescue Center

molly23

Hi,

Has anyone done this shore excursion on the Windstar Costa Rica cruise?

The description says there is a wet landing from the excursion boat to the park. Is this difficult for people in their later 60's?

Thanks a lot,

Rita:)

This might answer your question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263944&highlight=wet+landings+costa+rica

My advice would be to look at the conditions on the day you are there - if seas are calm take the Zodiac and relax on the beach or take a walk. As I recall from my visit there in '07,it is a lovely beach.

Actually, I think the reserve is a new excursion for Windstar so I doubt anyone has been on it. We have done 4 Windstar Costa Rica cruises and are booked for the New Years cruise this year. While a few stops are the same, some are new - including the Golfo Dulce stop. We have had no difficulty with wet landings. There is always someone to help you out of the Zodiac and get you to the beach if necessary.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am new to the Windstar board so have not been on this excursion thru the ship, but I have visited this facility during a land based trip to the Osa in May 2008. Do not miss this experience. I recall the Golfo Dulce was bathtub calm during our visit. I don't remember how we got out of the boat, but we were in a larger craft so it is possible we used a dock? I'll dig out a pic of the beach (albeit from 2008 and beaches can change wildly) and post it in a bit.

Ah - no dock. There is one picture from our boat pulling up to the beach. You'll notice the boats are backed in. I remember now - we stepped off the back into shallow water.

And if those aren't showing up, here's a link to the photostream where they are published: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30334200@N00/with/13289720575/

Edited by alw1977

We just returned from the Wind Spirit cruise from Colon to Puerto Caldera and had several wet landings. The beach landing part is very easy, sit on the side of the Zodiac and swing your legs over then step off into the nice warm water. The trickier part is getting in the Zodiac at the ship, but the crew is great and knows how to help people on safely. We did not do that excursion but several people we spoke with enjoyed it very much.