Shore Excursions - Cancel & Rebook?

FPJC03

We have $400 in onboard credits from our TA. But we booked several tours that had an added cost for our Monte Carlo to Venice cruise in October. Our TA suggested that we to to the excursion desk after boarding and cancel two trips and rebook them immediately. Is that possible without a penalty and how do I know if the excursion is still open? I assume that I can check online to see if they are still taking more passengers. Our other option was to use the credits for spa treatments (wife would love that).

Yes -- you can go to Destination Services, cancel and rebook your excursions using OBCs -- as long as the excursion is not full. The person at the desk will let you know the status of the excursion. There is no penalty to do this. Instead of an immediate refund, they put the credit in as a "refundable" on board credit. You can cash it out anytime during the cruise (for cash only -- they cannot put it back on your credit card).

Spa treatments are certainly another way to use OBCs -- but the treatments are about 3 times what the would cost at home:-)

You may cancel and rebook. I do it all the time. As your TA said, just go to the excursion (destinations) desk and ask. They will check to make sure the excursion is still open before canceling and rebooking. Hope this helps.

I have a similar issue with wanting to used the OBC for shore excursions. So, I contacted Regent and was advice that once on board, go the shore excursions desk and they will credit the card I used to pre-pay. I guess I will just trust they will do that immediately, and not have to submit a claim after the cruise ;-)

I have a similar issue with wanting to used the OBC for shore excursions. So, I contacted Regent and was advice that once on board, go the shore excursions desk and they will credit the card I used to pre-pay. I guess I will just trust they will do that immediately, and not have to submit a claim after the cruise ;-)

Destination Services (shore excursions desk) have never credited a credit card - say they are unable to do it. It isn't unusual for people who answer the telephones in Florida not to have a clue what actually happens on the ships.

If this policy has recently changed, hope someone will post!

Destination Services (shore excursions desk) have never credited a credit card - say they are unable to do it. It isn't unusual for people who answer the telephones in Florida not to have a clue what actually happens on the ships.

If this policy has recently changed, hope someone will post!

Not a good impression for a first time Regent cruiser like us. :-0

Many of the people who answer the phones are knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

My suggestion is when you find someone who is, get their name and extension and call them directly.

I think the policy for canceling paid tours is that a credit is made to your on board account and that that you can get those $$ in cash at reception.

Peggy

Not a good impression for a first time Regent cruiser like us. :-0

This is ridiculous....

Although I book Regent through a TA, I many times call directly to get an answer to my question and have never not gotten the answer I was looking for. Just lucky, I guess.

This way I get my answer with one call...

Don't be dismayed by some of the responses you get. Most of us are used to them.

Choosing Regent is the right way to go and I'm sure you will be pleased.

Thanks Peggy, that is exactly how it has worked for us:-)

I have not seen this policy in writing and, as I recall, it began as an unofficial policy of allowing guests to cancel and rebook excursions on board if room was available. It might be easier for both passengers and crew if we could book in advance and not have to pay for it until we are onboard so we would have a choice of using our credit card or on board credits. This is how it is done on Silversea. No one has to deal with cash refunds or cancelling an excursion only to rebook it immediately. The current Regent procedure seems very labor intensive!

Archived