Snorkeling/beach questions

zachnlucy

We're scheduled to be in Roatan (on the 1/27/08 NCL Spirit) from 1 pm to 8 pm, which effectively gives us 2 pm until 6 pm to do something -- 4 hours. We were there in June and had William with Victor Bodden for the day (he was great!), but it gets expensive at $25/pp for just 4 hours for the five of us. We'd actually like to just snorkel at West End this time and maybe do some swimming at the beach.

Question: Is the taxi service reliable and honest? There are 5 of us, so we would probably need a van. I'm just looking for somebody to drop us off and be sure to pick us up on time. How is the beach at West End? William took us to a beach somewhere last time that was drop dead gorgeous. It was near construction of some new condos, the water was crystal clear, and the bottom was perfectly sandy forever. Does anybody know where this is? All I remember is that we walked past a lot of construction going on, William talked to one of the construction guys, and we walked out on this perfectly pristine beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Legend today. LOVED Roatan! We used Victor Bodden tours. The weather was questionable, but we had planned a beach day. Our driver took us to the Mayan Princess (best Pina Coladas I've ever had) for a beach day. The guys decided on the way to do some fishing and our driver set it up on the way. The rest hung out at the beach, dodging some rain, but the kids loved the snorkeling. My son said it was better than Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We thought the prices for lunch and drinks were reasonable. There was a cart down the beach that had beers $5 for 3.

Only complaint was that the kids selling the bracelets, etc...were pretty relentless. They were very polite when you said no, but were back about 15 minutes asking again. Don't let this stop you from going, it was a minor problem.

we also just returned and had a port stop at roatan.. the kids ziplined at South shore and loved it!!.. we then went to mayan princess also.,. and I have to agree on the pina coladas.. and the kids.. lol..but those shell necklaces were really cheap and very pretty.. we did buy 5 for 10.00 to give as gifts.. the snorkeling is down the beach, a short walk and the reef is very close to shore.. it was FANTASTIC.. the best snorkeling i've done.. the coral and fish are just magnificent.. we had a driver as we wanted to go to the zip line, then to the beach... you can g et a driver by walking right out the gate// ,mayan princes charges 10.00 pp for the use of their facitlities. .. where you want to snorkel is just a short walk down the beach, because the reef is closer to shore... you can also get a cab for 10.00 pp to fosters beach and for 5.00 it includes a chaise and a pina colada ... we loved roatan

Archived