Visiting a Roatan School

jgsi

Hi,

We will be in Roatan next week and have booked a tour through Victor Bodden. According to his website, you can visit the school. I was just curious if anyone has done this. If you have, can you tell me how long it took and **************? I will be traveling with my family and I would love for my kids to see a different side of life.

Thanks for any info.

Hi,

We will be in Roatan next week and have booked a tour through Victor Bodden. According to his website, you can visit the school. I was just curious if anyone has done this. If you have, can you tell me how long it took and **************? I will be traveling with my family and I would love for my kids to see a different side of life.

Thanks for any info.

My friend and I are both teachers and had Victor take us to a school when we were in Roatan in 2004. In fact, the picture on his website is one that I took while we were there. I think perhaps we were the first ones that he had taken to a school.

It was just the two of us and Victor stopped at the school while he was driving us around the island. We did not have anything arranged ahead of time. I think perhaps we were there for a half hour or so. It was interesting because at the time the teachers were getting ready to go out on strike the next day. We visited with a teacher who spoke English, the principal (who spoke a "little" English) and some of the students. Although we did enjoy seeing the school I wonder now if it is too much of an interuption if people just "stop by" unannounced. Maybe Victor has made some sort of arrangements now?

Anyway...visiting the school was enlightening and a highlight of our day in Roatan.

Hi,

Thanks for any info.

Hi Verdana, if you are interested in visiting a school in Roatan I suggest you go on the web and look up the school and make arrangements yourself. That way you can be sure that the school knows you are going to be visiting.My husband and I ****************************************************************************************. It's a long story but we never made it to the school and we weren't allowed to enter the orphanage because when we arrived they weren't expecting us and there wasn't an adult present.Good luck , it's a beautiful place and the people that live there are awesome . B.L.T.:)

Archived