In cabin TV connections

ednria

I'm sure this has been answered previously, but can a laptop, or small DVD player be connected to the in cabin TV's utilizing a HDMI cable

Thank you.

The sets certainly have RCA connections and I believe they do have HDMI as well.

Ahhh, the Capn answers swiftly and concisely. All is right with the world! Seriously, Capn, I appreciate your response. And I rightly presumed you would be an early, if not 1st, responder.

I'm sure this has been answered previously, but can a laptop, or small DVD player be connected to the in cabin TV's utilizing a HDMI cable Thank you.
Hi ednria,

Backs of Britannia grade QM2 and QE cabin TVs shown here:

if this helps you in any way.

Best wishes,

Ahhh, the Capn answers swiftly and concisely. All is right with the world! Seriously, Capn, I appreciate your response. And I rightly presumed you would be an early, if not 1st, responder.

I was going to suggest that you look on Peppers pictures but he beat me to it. I see the HDMI there, phew!

I was going to suggest that you look on Peppers pictures but he beat me to it. I see the HDMI there, phew!
:) And yes, you are also correct cap'n, I will have to dust the TV next time before taking the photo :o :)

Thank you :)

Edited by pepperrn

:) And yes, you are also correct cap'n, I will have to dust the TV next time before taking the photo :o :)

Thank you :)

Pepper,

I could be totally wrong here, but I think the TVs have changed since that photo was taken. They are now a glitzier, flat screen model and a good bit more modern looking than the previous versions. I really don't take much notice of the TV and never look at it unless it is to view the bow cam, but I think the ones on QV at least have been upgraded. Incidentally, I know there was talk on here a while back about the navigation/info channel not being available any more, but it was certainly available on QV last month.

J

PS - I don't think any of the above matters all that much anyway as I'm certain the new TVs are HDMI enabled. In fact I was quite regretting not bringing an HDMI lead for my netbook.

All questions answered in a thrice by the inestimable and all knowledgeable Capnpugwash and Peppern, with an able, last minute assist from Cruachan!

Thanks so much for the quick and very helpful responses.

Edited by ednria

Pepper,

I could be totally wrong here, but I think the TVs have changed since that photo was taken. They are now a glitzier, flat screen model and a good bit more modern looking than the previous versions. I really don't take much notice of the TV and never look at it unless it is to view the bow cam, but I think the ones on QV at least have been upgraded. Incidentally, I know there was talk on here a while back about the navigation/info channel not being available any more, but it was certainly available on QV last month.

J

PS - I don't think any of the above matters all that much anyway as I'm certain the new TVs are HDMI enabled. In fact I was quite regretting not bringing an HDMI lead for my netbook.

You can tell how old they are by the depth of the dust I think! I'm on QM2 on Monday so I suppose I could take some TV snaps. I always fill up the space behind the TV with the cans from the fridge to leave room for the champagne!

All questions answered in a thrice by the inestimable and all knowledgeable Capnpugwash and Peppern, with an able, last minute assist from Cruachan!

Thanks so much for the quick and very helpful responses.

It is very kind of you to say that, Pepper's pictures are a great source of information.

well I do hope some of these knowlegable posters can tell me whether I have an HDMI plug on my MAC Lap top?:cool:

Apple are very difficult and you might well need to buy an adapter from your computer to HDMI but any cable/computer/amazon store will help you

Pepper, I could be totally wrong here, but I think the TVs have changed since that photo was taken. They are now a glitzier, flat screen model and a good bit more modern looking than the previous versions.
Hi Cruachan,

You could well be right, and if so I'll take the photos down straight away :o . Thank you for pointing this out.

The QM2 TV photo was taken December '12, and the TV and remote I had in my cabin last month on QM2 looked the same to me (which it may not have been of course!). It was a flat-screen TV and it, and the remote, seemed to be the same model as over the last two years whenever I've been on QM2.

The QE TV photo was taken June '12 and I've not been back since then to check if it still the same. It was also a flat-screen TV.

I am on QM2 again in a few weeks and will make a close check, I may even bring a duster this time... ;) and re-take the photos if needed.

However, I am not on QE (or QV) for the foreseeable future so will have to rely on others to tell me that the photo is out of date.

Incidentally, I know there was talk on here a while back about the navigation/info channel not being available any more, but it was certainly available on QV last month.
Which it wasn't on QM2 last month :mad:

Thank you again Cruachan, very good of you to alert me to this:)

Edited by pepperrn

... Pepper's pictures are a great source of information.
Thank you cap'n,

But not as great as your information, given your vast and unequalled experience of QM2. et al.

My understanding is that you very occasionally come ashore, to try out dry land once in a while ;) :D

Thank you again :)

Edited by pepperrn

You can tell how old they are by the depth of the dust I think! I'm on QM2 on Monday so I suppose I could take some TV snaps. I always fill up the space behind the TV with the cans from the fridge to leave room for the champagne!

Oh good Capn, are you doing your usual blog (I hope so)? How long are you on for this time?

[quote

Originally Posted by capnpugwash View Post

Capn, I hope you remember that its next Monday The 21st July For the Transatlantic !

Edited by Pennbank

[quote

Originally Posted by capnpugwash View Post

Capn, I hope you remember that its next Monday The 21st July For the Transatlantic !

Good point, I think :)

I am on QV this Sunday, If I can find time from enjoying myself on the Cruise I may try and take a few photos of the TV, the back of the TV and the safe:D

if anyone would like me to post them I will, I may take orders for photos .

I have to admit I have not had the time to look behind the TV let know about the workings, but it is good info