Liberty of the Seas vs Jewel of the Seas

Hey,

We are going to be cruising in 1 of these ships, and are torn between deciding. We are a family of 5 (kids 11,15,16) we like waterparks and good food. Anyone been on both and can give me a recommendation of which one to chose? Thanks

Hey,

We are going to be cruising in 1 of these ships, and are torn between deciding. We are a family of 5 (kids 11,15,16) we like waterparks and good food. Anyone been on both and can give me a recommendation of which one to chose? Thanks

Hi, neighbor.

Take them on Liberty. Flowrider alone is a determining factor for your three kids.

I agree with Merion Mom. I've been on both of those ships, and while I prefer the Jewel, I think a family traveling with kids would be much happier on the Liberty. There is just more for kids to enjoy, especially the Flowrider.

Another vote for the Liberty, for the same reasons. I also prefer the Jewel when cruising as a couple, but would choose the Liberty in a heartbeat if I had kids cruising with me, especially kids in that age group. And after you have cruised on the Liberty, move on to the Oasis or Allure.

Another vote for the Liberty, for the same reasons. I also prefer the Jewel when cruising as a couple, but would choose the Liberty in a heartbeat if I had kids cruising with me, especially kids in that age group. And after you have cruised on the Liberty, move on to the Oasis or Allure.

I totally agree with this. Sailed the Serenade (sister ship to the Jewel) with DH and we loved it for a couple's cruise, but the Freedom and Oasis classes will be perfect for us when we have children. :)

I will second (or is it ninth at this point?) the recommendation for Liberty with kids that age. There is just so much more to keep them busy.

I assume you are looking at the Jewel 4 night out of Tampa vs. the Liberty 4 night out of Ft Lauderdale. In that case the itinerary is the same (both have 1 stop in Cozumel). In which case I would select Liberty for sure in your situation.

Hey,

Welcome to the forum. Without knowing more about you and if you have cruised before its hard, but not knowing much, with the kids I would choose Liberty. Either should be good.

We sailed on a Jewel repositioning cruise a few years back and two days later were joined by our son, DIL and two grandkids on Liberty for a 7 night cruise. While Jewel is definitely my wife and my favorite RCI ship, our experiences on Liberty were priceless and I would recommend Liberty if you are sailing with young kids. My grandson who was 8 or 9 at the time loved the flowrider and both kids really enjoyed the Adventure Ocean program.:)

I'd pick Liberty even without the kids.

All things equal, so would I, however with things rarely being equal for us without kids on a 7 day i would definitely take Liberty. On a 4 or 5 day, I might move down the picking parameter to intinerary and departure port

I would pick Jewel, no kids, Liberty with kids!

But that is so wonderful about Royal Caribbeans fleet, OB like one style, I like another!:)

Rick

But it decreases the possibility of you and I every crossing paths on a ship.:( Of course, you might see that as a major benefit!:eek::D

Thanks for all your responses! Next I have to worry about staterooms, although I haven't looked into much of them today will start doing that.

Not to worry....we all can help you with that too!!:D:D

Archived