Where is everyone cruising to in 2013?

Bramcruiser

Time for some fun to see if people are as twisted as I am in booking this far in advance. LOL!

What plans do you have for 2013?

My partner and I decided we would try bankruptcy! :) We are doing our very first small luxury ship experience and paying dearly for it - but amazingly looking forward to it. We're doing the Silver Cloud (of Silversea) from London, UK (my fav city) to Reykjavik, Iceland in July 2013. 9 days through Scotland and the Faroe Islands along the way. A once-in-a-lifetime experience.

In the end it doesn't matter where you go but rather you are on a ship. So where is everyone planning to go?

David

Edited by Bramcruiser
Can't even spell my name. LOL!

No, David, there are those of us who are even MORE TWISTED than you! LOL We're booked for the rest of 2012, 2013 & even 2014! (2014 is the Galapagos & Machu Picchu which seems to sell out pretty far in advance.) We've even planned 2015. Just can't book it yet. <g>

Hahaha and we thought WE were crazy...

My boyfriend and I booked a 10 day Carnival Miracle cruise to the Exotic Eastern Caribbean from NY for March 2013, a little over a year out. We can't wait!

In the mean time, we have a 4 day Carnival Glory cruise to Canada from NY August 30th.

Has anyone attempted to book the Grand Princess trio cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco via the Horn January 26, 2013? We ask as we have been on a wait list for almost a year. We have managed the second portion Argentina to Chile and third portion Chile to SF bookings but denied the first. Most frustrating for it has to be all 49 days or nothing ventures for us.

But we have two TA's, one in September with Oceania and the second in November with Princess. Both have different itineraries but this should be interesting from a comparative point of view.

We always plan way in advance Leave Jan20th 2013 for Gems of Southeast Asia on Celebrity Milly and then for 2014 we have booked the Celebrity Solstice from Sydney via New Zealand and Tahiti too end in Honolulu Transpacific come on 2015 Steve

We tend to book between a year and a year and a half out, so I guess we qualify as "twisted" too!:p

In May of 2013 my partner and I are booked on Celebrity Infinity for eleven nights around the British Isles! Ireland has been on the bucket list for quite some time and Scotland, France and Guernsey are just bonuses!

We'll be spending the first four days of 2013 wrapping up a month-long around South America. Does that count? Nothing else booked until the October inaugural trans-Atlantic of the Royal Princess, which sold out almost instantaneously. But we're talking about combining an early-summer Alaska cruise out of Seattle with some National Park stuff in the Pacific Northwest...or maybe SFO-Hawaii-SFO if a bargain comes along.

Edited by shepp

I have always wanted to be on a ship for New Year's Eve so 2013-2014 will be the year. I love a good party so I'm really looking forward to it. Haven't decided which ship or where yet other than from Florida since we will be there for Christmas anyway.

Wow, you all are planners. We just booked Bermuda in September (2012, that is) last night.

We do have one 2013 booked too thought. We're joining a bunch of friends from our neighborhood taking the NCL cruise to nowhere from Manhattan in January 2013. I would like to book for 2014 CTN on the Breakaway on that sailing.

This April, we booked for fall 2013, Ensenda to Hawaii on Celebrity's Solstice & con't on to Sydney. The plan, for now, is to see family & friends in India & Africa & return to Florida via a westbound TA early Dec. that's the plan, the pocketbook may say something different.:rolleyes:

Coral Princess 2/7 14 day FLL to LA Panama Canal

I've done that cruise twice. It's great! Keep an eye out for fare reductions, though. Second time around cost much less than the first.

We always plan way in advance Leave Jan20th 2013 for Gems of Southeast Asia on Celebrity Milly and then for 2014 we have booked the Celebrity Solstice from Sydney via New Zealand and Tahiti too end in Honolulu Transpacific come on 2015 Steve

Hi Steve, Here is our list for this and next year. We will be on your cruise in Jan 2013. Richard

We are doing our first ever TA on RCCI's Adventure of the Seas in April 2013 from San Juan to Southampton. However......we seem to have a SERIOUS lack of responses from other CruiseCritic members on the G&L forum, as well as the Royal Caribbean roll call list. I don't know why, but all of our previous cruises have also had a limited response. Do we scare people?!?!?! Hope that it gets a little more active soon!

I'm taking Mom and Dad to Bermuda in April on MSC Poesia with 35 of their senior citizen friends from the retirement park in Florida. Yikes. I'm only paying for the 3 of us though -- the other 35 are on their own. :-)

I can't decide what to do for a fall 2013 trip. I keep looking, but can't find one to pull the trigger on yet. I think that's a sign I'm to do a land-based trip instead of a cruise.

This is too funny! My partner and I have a rule that I am **NOT** to have more than 4 major trips in the pipeline at one time. Well it's his rule, not mine - otherwise we'd be booked well into 2016! :)

Anyways, we are heading to Rio on Dec 12 to also try our first small ship (Azamara Quest). After 5 days in Rio, we board and sail down to Buenos Aires over 10 days. Then we spend another 4 Days in BsAs before flying home late 12/31/12.

The next after that is on the Oceania Marinia and we are doing a Baltic cruise on 8/24/13 over 10 days from Stockholm to Copenhagen. We will probably fly from Copenhagen to Amsterdam and spend a few days before flying home.

BUT FIRST UP - Key West on Thursday (Air Tran has $98 R/T direct 1 hour flights from Orlando). Can't argue with that!

We have a short two-nighter on Celebrity Constellation (our first time on Celebrity) over MLK weekend in Jan 2013; a 7-nighter in March 2013 on RCCL Adventure of the Seas from San Juan to Aruba, Curacao, St Thomas & St Kitts; and a 13-nighter on Celebrity Silhouette in November 2013 round trip Rome to Livorno, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Ravenna, Venice, Catania and Naples. That'll be our third European cruise, but our first cruise longer than 7 nights, so we're looking forward to that!