What's your favorite workout onboard?

What is your favorite workout at sea?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite workout at sea?

• Treadmill
    • Stationary bike
    • Running on deck
    • Weightlifting
    • Yoga
    • Spin Class
    • Shipshape activities
    • Walking
    • Other

I had to select running on the deck...I like to get a run in but I cant use the treadmills on most ships...I am 6'7" and the clearence in the fitness centers are usually quite low

Please tell us about the fitness facility on Liberty when you return.

Have a great cruise.

Walking up and down the staircase :p It seems that all I ever do on land is exercise so I like to keep that to a minimum while on vacation.

I have tried to ignore exercise when I go on vacation, but I usually end up working out at least a few times. Walking the stairs is good. I will also be doing a lot of walking while at the different Ports.

On the last cruise my wife and I made an agreement not to use the elevator. We ended up using it twice. (not bad for a seven day trip) Once because we were with friends who didn't feel the same commitment to be elevator free. It was tough at times, like when we chose to walk back to the ship from the shopping area in Cozumel.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

unfortunately i spent this past jan on the star doing

light traing following shoulder surgery..

this coming jan. it ll be the same..recouperating from

rotator cuff surger on the opposite shoulder :(

so everyone stay away from the 2# dumbell s :p

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Running every morning, without fail, at 6-6:30 up on deck. It's part of my everyday routine and if I don't continue it on my vacation, it's easy to slack off once I'm home. Besides, those chocolate melting cakes on Carnival don't eat themselves.;)

It's the most exhilirating feeling in the world, running and looking out at nothing but sea.

Running every morning, without fail, at 6-6:30 up on deck. It's part of my everyday routine and if I don't continue it on my vacation, it's easy to slack off once I'm home. Besides, those chocolate melting cakes on Carnival don't eat themselves.;)

It's the most exhilirating feeling in the world, running and looking out at nothing but sea.

I agree. We ran on deck during our last cruise. You do have to get up early to avoid the traffic.

I agree. We ran on deck during our last cruise. You do have to get up early to avoid the traffic.

That's a given! By 7 a.m., what I like to call the, "mall walkers", are on the track and it's more difficult to get in a good run. At least for me.

I especially get a kick out of watching the lounge chair hoggers claiming their 15 seats for their family on deck. All while it's still dark outside. That always makes me laugh.

I especially get a kick out of watching the lounge chair hoggers claiming their 15 seats for their family on deck. All while it's still dark outside. That always makes me laugh.

Yes, that is funny and sad, because we are usually able to find chairs when we want them, without all that effort.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL about the chair hoggers! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???? :mad: If no one did that, everyone would be able to find a chair! I have to admit that I've been known to just move towels that I've seen untouched for over a half hour. No one has ever said anything to me yet! ;) I love running the track also, especially when in port. I love using landmarks on shore to mark my points on the laps- a little more interesting. I also hit the gym at least a couple times on a week cruise. I'm a group fitness instructor and if I didn't, I'd go back into my classes gasping for air in my cardio classes and having to drop weight in my barbell classes!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a road cyclist so by far the spinning classes are my favorite. Not to mention I've had 3 knee surgeries so running on the treadmill or track is not an option. Last cruise on the Freedom I had a guy spinning instructor who was awesome. I brought my heart monitor and I think I peaked more than I have in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

This year I have discovered zumba which is a fusion of Latin Dance rhythms, hip-hop, reggae-tone and athletic movements set to great music. You burn between 500-1000 calories and hour and will love every minute of it!!! If you can find this onboard, I would recommend it highly.

This year I have discovered zumba which is a fusion of Latin Dance rhythms, hip-hop, reggae-tone and athletic movements set to great music. You burn between 500-1000 calories and hour and will love every minute of it!!! If you can find this onboard, I would recommend it highly.

Do they offer this onboard?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the Liberty of the Seas. We left Miami on Dec. 13th. I was very surprised. Excellent gym with top notch equipment. That isn't what surprised me though. We had a couple of times that we actually had to wait for the treadmills or elipicles. I've never seen that many people in the gym on a cruise ship. Their were lots of foreigners on the cruise, and I think they tend to be more health conscience than us westerners, but we are getting better I think.

I wish they would offer Zumba on board - it's the best cardio I've done in years, and by far the most fun!

Hopefully the cruise lines will take note.

Cathy

I was looking for Zumba or a kickboxing class on my most recent cruise but there were none, which surprised me. I actually e-mailed Carnival and asked if they'd consider including them in the future.

Archived