Anybody trip over this thing on Divina?

houstoncruisers2001

No, I missed that, but was one of the many who missed the last step in the theater. About 19 steps the same size and distance apart, then that last one that is spaced farther apart and not as deep.

I saw people having trouble with the steps too. They said the lights along the steps actually made it harder to see.

I saw people having trouble with the steps too. They said the lights along the steps actually made it harder to see.

Andre (cruise director) acknowledged that Divina knows that the lighting on the steps makes it difficult to see, and said they hope to correct that during dry dock by changing the type of lighting. Besides the lighting, the raised strips on the edges of the theater steps are easy to trip on. But the superior quality of the shows makes up for the quality of the steps.

No, I missed that, but was one of the many who missed the last step in the theater. About 19 steps the same size and distance apart, then that last one that is spaced farther apart and not as deep.

Yes, I talked about that in my review! I have a bad knee, so, went down the steps very carefully then took a tumble at the end. :o

• 4 weeks later...

That is a "Shepard's hook". It is required to be hung on a wall per CDC rules.

Next time tell a crew member.

MSC got dinged for this issue in an August 2014 inspection

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/inspectionquerytool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTg2NDAzOTk%3d-UHOPF6I9VIc%3d

tem No.: 10

Site: Recreational Water Facilities-Safety Equipment

Violation: The shepherd's hook for swimming pool #PA 2 was found in an adjacent empty decorative fountain and not on its visible mounting bracket. It was returned to the bracket before the inspection team left the area.

Recommendation: Provide a rescue or shepherd's hook and an approved flotation device at a prominent location (visible from the full perimeter of the pool) at each RWF that has a depth of 1 meter (3 feet) or greater. Mount these devices in a manner that allows for easy access during an emergency."