Deck 13 Decision

CruiseMSC1st

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked for next week and room #13095. Although some cruisers have speculated about the noise from Deck 14 was wondering if anyone has actually experienced staying on Deck 13. We have a great position midship but if we can't sleep who cares!

We are booked for next week and room #13095. Although some cruisers have speculated about the noise from Deck 14 was wondering if anyone has actually experienced staying on Deck 13. We have a great position midship but if we can't sleep who cares!

Glad you won't care. Thump, thump scrape ,scrape, boom, boom. Enjoy your cruise.

We have been assigned to deck 13, larger overhang area. We booked guarantee balcony, so they say there's no chance of switching rooms. Has anyone ever had any luck switching a guaranteed cabin?? I was surprised to see we have already been assigned a room since we don't sail til December. I hear all the negative about the above noise, the overhang...I'm sure I will still have an enjoyable cruise, just curious about other folks experiences.

• 2 years later...

I know it's been a while, but how was 13095? We are assigned this stateroom and these forums are making me nervous. The shade. from the overhang, I don't mind. What does seem troubling is the noise issue. Would ear plugs at bedtime solve the problem if there even was one? Thank you!

We had a cabin on deck 13 and, yes, there was some noise from above very early in the morning and sometimes very late at night from tables and chairs being moved for cleaning and preparation purposes (I believe we were beneath the buffet). It wasn't a big or noticeable disturbance to us (we've experienced worse in what were 'better situated' cabins). If you're a light sleeper it may be for you - earplugs probably would help in that situation.

We had a cabin on deck 13 and, yes, there was some noise from above very early in the morning and sometimes very late at night from tables and chairs being moved for cleaning and preparation purposes (I believe we were beneath the buffet). It wasn't a big or noticeable disturbance to us (we've experienced worse in what were 'better situated' cabins). If you're a light sleeper it may be for you - earplugs probably would help in that situation.

Thank you!

We've stayed on deck 13, cabin 13003 and didn't experience any noise issues.

That's because it is below the spa which is a haven of tranquility, and everybody wears soft slippers and all is kept quiet

t he gym is above the officers' cabins so no noise from there into guest cabins

• 3 weeks later...
We've stayed on deck 13, cabin 13003 and didn't experience any noise issues.

That's because it is below the spa which is a haven of tranquility, and everybody wears soft slippers and all is kept quiet

t he gym is above the officers' cabins so no noise from there into guest cabins

Would the same apply to 13003 on Splendida? We've been allocated a cabin on 12 but I've noticed 13003 and others in that area are available so contemplating requesting a change. Also assuming 13003 is still a glass balcony.

Edited by CruisingFox27

Would the same apply to 13003 on Splendida? We've been allocated a cabin on 12 but I've noticed 13003 and others in that area are available so contemplating requesting a change. Also assuming 13003 is still a glass balcony.

will be the same and looking at an image of the ship, I am fairly confident that it has a plexiglass balcony.

Pete

• 3 years later...
On 10/2/2014 at 5:57 PM, Skier52 said:

Well you had better believe me about the overhang as here is an image showing deck 13 , and cabin 13113, in the shade.

THe red line marks the bottom of the shadow, and the thin red line around the cabins on the central hump show the all in shadow.

I'm known for supplying accurate info which i an usually back up with either an image or documentary evidence

So here it is

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc410/skier6666/cruisecritic/13113.jpg

and here is the original image (Which has been flipped to give a representation of the port side), that you can clearly see the shadow on, from which i enlarged the image above

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc410/skier6666/cruisecritic/divian2.jpg

Pete

I booked this cabin for 2022.

I read your stuff on the over hang but went ahead and got it anyway.

First of all, these photos were taken mid day.  It's the only time of day any of this analysis would be accurate.  Wait another hour and the entire port side will be in the shade. 

The minimal amount of sunshine disruption is not worth taking a pass on an excellent position on the ship.