Azamara Website

PSULion

It's sold out. A quick look at a few random online travel agents will show there are no cabins left. I believe it, too. We're on the September 2016 TA--nearly two years away!--and already all V1, V2, and V3 cabins are gone. I'm glad I didn't dwaddle about booking. :eek:

Is it just me, or wouldn't a Sold Out sailing being displayed on the website as (get ready for it LOL).... "Sold Out", instead of disappearing into thin air, be a much better idea ?

Celebrity does this too (probably the same programming code), and it makes absolutely no sense to me. If the sailing were displayed as Sold Out, it would certainly avoid a great deal of confusion.

Just my .02 cents.

Is it just me, or wouldn't a Sold Out sailing being displayed on the website as (get ready for it LOL).... "Sold Out", instead of disappearing into thin air, be a much better idea ?

Celebrity does this too (probably the same programming code), and it makes absolutely no sense to me. If the sailing were displayed as Sold Out, it would certainly avoid a great deal of confusion.

Just my .02 cents.

It would also allow Azamara to book onto a wait list, so that if there are cancellations they could easily fill the cabins. But that would require even higher-level programming, which Celebrity is clearly incapable of managing.

The website is one area where Azamara's relationship to Celebrity is not helping. ;)

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Andy - Apparently your wish is their command:

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

That's a start, but what I was referring to, was the "Find Your Voyage" section of their website. When you search Journey and November 2014, it's like the Nov 6th JR sailing does not exist.

Why not leave the ship, date, and itinerary.... and display it as "Sold Out" ? Makes way more sense to me.

Edited by Host Andy

I seriously do not understand Azamara's marketing department. If I had a cruise that was totally sold out, including not creating a wait list, I would trumpet that as a banner on my website, rather than mysteriously remove the cruise as if if the Journey or Quest was in dry dock or disappeared off the face of the earth for that cruise time frame (I told some friend to check out my itinerary as a push to get them to check out Azamara, and they laughed when they said I must have fell for a scam by booking the Nov. 6th sailing!).

Oh well, glad I am booked!

John

I seriously do not understand Azamara's marketing department. If I had a cruise that was totally sold out, including not creating a wait list, I would trumpet that as a banner on my website, rather than mysteriously remove the cruise as if if the Journey or Quest was in dry dock or disappeared off the face of the earth for that cruise time frame (I told some friend to check out my itinerary as a push to get them to check out Azamara, and they laughed when they said I must have fell for a scam by booking the Nov. 6th sailing!).

Oh well, glad I am booked!

John

You can still see the itinerary if you go to this link on their website (page 49): http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/31d952e2#/31d952e2/50

Perhaps they think that it would frustrate potential clients to see that an itinerary they like/prefer is sold out and that they would have to "settle" for some other itinerary. Out of sight out of mind.