Princess Cays snorkeling vs. HMC

swom

OK, I've only been to HMC, a few times and loved this island and the snorkeling..I would like to snorkel at Princess Cays. Is it better, about the same, worse???

Anyone who have been to both, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

I've snorkeled from shore on Princess Cays once. Snorkeling was good and free since we have our own equipment. Been to HMC twice (soon to be three times). Took the snorkeling excursion which was just as good, but only in the water about 45 minutes. Snorkeling from shore was poor. So I have to ask, where did you snorkel at HMC. Is there a place other than the one past the stables where the snorkeling from shore is good??

If you decide to do Princess Cays, the snorkel area was (if you stand facing the water) way down on the right, by the bungalows . They bottom here was very rocky which gave the fish places to hide. (unlike the sand at HMC).

I haven't been there for a while now, but it was very good if you go toward the left, where the rock jetty is. There were fish all around the jetty.

So glad to hear we will have good snorkeling at Princess Cay...We always bring are own equipment too.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if the mask rental for snorkling have prescription mask available at Princess Cay? That would make it great for my husband and I since we wear glasses. I was on a snorkle trip once that had them available and it was great. We have also rented them from an equipment shack in Hawaii.

We are at Princess Cays twice this month. The snorkeling is very good...and it's free if you have your own gear. When you get off the tender go to the left to the Offshore Pavilion, you can rent gear there. The water is easy to access and the days we were there the water was crystal clear and the fish pleantiful...I have paid a lot for snorkeling excursions and seen a whole lot less.

Archived