Carnival Fly Aweigh Program?

SandyToes1978

Does any one know if carnival is going to expand their fly aweigh program? Our home airport is Reno, but the service is not offered from Reno. :( To get to Salt Lake which is the nearest airport, we would have to pay about $3-400 just to get to salt lake, and then pay for the fly aweigh to houston on top of that. Is the fly aweigh program reccommended, or do most people book their own air?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If it is cheaper to arrange your own airfare, why would you book through Carnival's Fly Aweigh program?

We used Fly Aweigh because it was cheaper than any airline tickets we could find (Cleveland to Miami) on our own.

The only advantage I see to the Fly Aweigh program is that Carnival is responsible for getting you to the ship if you do not arrive at your destination on time.

So if it is cheaper and more convenient to arrange your own flights, go for it!!

If it is cheaper to arrange your own airfare, why would you book through Carnival's Fly Aweigh program?

We used Fly Aweigh because it was cheaper than any airline tickets we could find (Cleveland to Miami) on our own.

The only advantage I see to the Fly Aweigh program is that Carnival is responsible for getting you to the ship if you do not arrive at your destination on time.

So if it is cheaper and more convenient to arrange your own flights, go for it!!

Actually Carnival also pays for the hotel stay the night before for those of us further away like the poster in Nevada and ourselves. Also all transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to pier and pier to airport are included. So by the time you add all that up, it is a good deal.

Wouldn't it be easier to just drive to Sacramento if you wanted to use the "Fly Away" program? As I recall that is only about 140 miles which is not that long of a drive.

It is also wise to ask Carnival if they can fly you out Reno, but before doing either check and see how much it will cost to do air fare on your own.

Check to see if they offer connections from Reno. One of the joys of our little city is that we always seem to have to connect somewhere from here to get just about anywhere. We had the same decision to make with our Oceania cruise this June, I found out what the cruiseline would charge us to arrange flights from here, even though it's not one of their satellite cities and compared the total air credit to what it would cost me to do it ourselves. I signed up for the air to begin with and didn't remove it until final payment was due and I was happy with flights I had done on our own. It doesn't cost anything to ask them what the extra charges would be to arrange the connection to one of their satellites.

We also looked at driving to and then flying out of Sacramento option, it was still about the same or cheaper to do our air on our own at the time (today I'd do the cruise air considering how airfares have gone up).

For some reason, when we booked the Ecstasy, Salt lake city was the closest airport that Carnival would use. I asked about Sac, but they said it didn't work from Sac to Houston either. I guess it really doesn't matter now, since we are going on the Pride, and can either drive or fly to LA! Thanks anyway... :p

BTW, doesn't it seem that airfare has just shot up recently????:eek:

Trying to find a reasonable flight now for BIL and his wife to fly from OKC to LAX! Not finding anything.

Archived