50's & 60's entertainers

beshears

I understand that the MSM line has the 50's & 60's entertainers too, is that correct? I know the Malt Shop cruises do also.

Does anyone know how I could find out "ahead" of time who the entertainers would be for that year? I would have loved to have gone on the Malt Shop cruise this past November for those entertainers, but it was too late to book. The ones I see for this year for the Malt Shop cruise, I'm not really interested in. Does anyone know what the MSM (what ship line is this?) entertainers would be?

Sorry, not familiar with MSM. Have heard of and would love to sail a 50s-60s theme cruise. Rockin' the Caribbean may still have availability for April 2014 and just started booking for Feb 2015. Take a look at the dates and follow "read more" link to see the line-up of performers:

http://rockysrockincruises.com/current-cruises/

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

Gottalovecrusing, thanks for getting back with me.

That looks like some good crusing. The only problem, it looks like it is 8 days. I can only do the 7 days right now.

Does a person have to call that toll free number to find out how much the cruise is for? Have you done any of Rockysrockincruises? If so, did you like them, and are they just about as expensive as the Malt Shop Cruises? That is if you know?

Gottalovecrusing, thanks for getting back with me.

That looks like some good crusing. The only problem, it looks like it is 8 days. I can only do the 7 days right now.

Does a person have to call that toll free number to find out how much the cruise is for? Have you done any of Rockysrockincruises? If so, did you like them, and are they just about as expensive as the Malt Shop Cruises? That is if you know?

I know they are 7-day cruises. I have seen Rocky & the Rollers a number of times and once with Bowzer. During that performance, I got a flyer about the RCI cruise. I did call for rates and remember that they were higher than booking the same cruise outside of the group. Just learned of the 2015 option and did email for rates. I'll let you know when I get a reply. Love that music.

Hi there from Australia

Thanks for your postings which have pointed me in the direction of these great music cruises. We get occasional visits from some old Rock 'n Rollers etc but understandbly at their age, Oz is probably just a tad too far to travel.

Fancy having all these legendary performers together!

Coincidentally, I just noticed that Jay Traynor, the original (& great Jay) from Jay & The Americans passed away on or around 2 January 2014, aged 70.

He was booked to join The Tokens in the February 2015 Rocky's Rock Cruise sailing.

Very sad.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

GottaLovCruising, thank you for your input. You mentioned "Bowser." Yes many years ago when we were on a cruise, low and behold, he was on the same cruise as us. I don't believe he was doing any entertaining, only cruising. :)

Yes, if you find out anything about the 2015 cruise with 50's/60's entertainers, I would love to know.

• 1 month later...

Paul Revere and the Raiders do a theme cruise every year in January. Information is always on his web site. They've already sailing this year, and next year they are sailing on the Ruby Princess with The Lettermen, The Buckinghams, and The Guess Who. I do know that these are private events and not a charter.

Did you ever get an answer to who MSM cruises is/are? MSM is Malt Shop Memories cruises. It is the acronym of the 50's-60's cruises you were originally referring to. (Entertainment Production company puts them on) There are other theme cruises sponsored by other companies, but I have not gone with them, as yet:-0 I too am interested in this type of cruising, and will "stay tuned":-)

QUOTE=beshears;41393212]GottaLovCruising, thank you for your input. You mentioned "Bowser." Yes many years ago when we were on a cruise, low and behold, he was on the same cruise as us. I don't believe he was doing any entertaining, only cruising. :)

Yes, if you find out anything about the 2015 cruise with 50's/60's entertainers, I would love to know.

Thank you, I'm a couple hours from Branson, Missouri, so I have seen Paul Rivere and the Raiders more than once. I would really like to check out some of those others groups that you mentioned, and I may do that.

Thank you, I'm a couple hours from Branson, Missouri, so I have seen Paul Rivere and the Raiders more than once. I would really like to check out some of those others groups that you mentioned, and I may do that.

My wife loved the shows at Branson. Now that we don't live in Missouri it would be nice to find a MSM Cruise sailing from the east coast.

• 1 month later...

we are on the MSM cruise in November this year and some of the entertainers are: Dion, Temptations, Brenda Lee, Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits, Jay Black, Dean Torrence of Jan & Dean, Vandellas, Planotones, coasters and Teenagers and Duprees; also Little Peggy March. Just to name a few....

we are on the MSM cruise in November this year and some of the entertainers are: Dion, Temptations, Brenda Lee, Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits, Jay Black, Dean Torrence of Jan & Dean, Vandellas, Planotones, coasters and Teenagers and Duprees; also Little Peggy March. Just to name a few....

Nice! What ship and port is that cruise? Thanks.

Thank you. Those entertainers sound great, but to see them all and to cruise, it cost a pretty penny.:(

If there is only one or two entertainers on the ship, it doesn't seem that expensive to cruise on that ship.