Larger Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom #1864 on Voyager of the Seas

Greetings! I just got back from an 11 night cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in one of the new "Larger Panoramic Ocean View" staterooms on deck 12. I had a hard time finding photos of the room before we booked it so I thought I'd share a video that I made of the cabin:

Overall we LOVED it! The closet was on the small side, but the 5 floor to ceiling windows were awesome!

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help if I can!

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised in one of the two family panoramic oceanview rooms (2 toilets and a bunk room) on deck 12, right at the front - 1804. We thought it was the best cabin ever. Great space and nicely furnished. Although we had calm seas, it would be interesting to find out how it would be in choppier conditions.

Thank you for posting your video. Would you recommend this room over a deluxe balcony room for 2 adults and a 4 year old?

Personally, I would recommend this room over a deluxe balcony. The deluxe balcony staterooms on the Voyager are 164 square feet and this room is 283 square feet so it's significantly larger. Also, being on deck 12, which is mostly an open air deck, we didn't miss having a balcony since it was just a short walk down the hall and we were able to be outside, and the views from the stateroom more than made up for the lack of balcony.

We have booked cabin 1852 for a future Voyager cruise. Can 1864 be booked just for two people or is it sold as a pullman/family cabin.

We booked it for two people. About a week before we sailed Royal Caribbean called and advised that they had moved us to the room right next door because they wanted to put a group of 4 in this cabin, however, I called them on the fact that the room next door was a different category, and significantly smaller and they put us back into this cabin. I could see them changing it so that it was sold as a family cabin, but at least when we booked it we were able to book it for just two.

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but we've just booked on Explorer (post refit) and have been allocated balcony cabin 1828 (we booked a guarantee), which is one of the new balcony cabins along the side of Deck 12.

Looking at the deck plan, ours appears to be near the lift and toilets but we were unsure how the access to the corridor works on deck 12 - do you think that this will affect the cabin or is the entrance to these new cabins separated in some way.

Also in general, do these cabins still feel part of the ship, rather than being out on a limb?

Thanks

Personally, I would recommend this room over a deluxe balcony. The deluxe balcony staterooms on the Voyager are 164 square feet and this room is 283 square feet so it's significantly larger. Also, being on deck 12, which is mostly an open air deck, we didn't miss having a balcony since it was just a short walk down the hall and we were able to be outside, and the views from the stateroom more than made up for the lack of balcony.

Thank you! Will look at pricing tomorrow - also saves the worry of the little one climbing the balcony!

Greetings! I just got back from an 11 night cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in one of the new "Larger Panoramic Ocean View" staterooms on deck 12. I had a hard time finding photos of the room before we booked it so I thought I'd share a video that I made of the cabin:

Overall we LOVED it! The closet was on the small side, but the 5 floor to ceiling windows were awesome!

wow. I am a snob and will not sail in anything but an ocean view balcony, but That's pretty cool, and I do have to say if the price was right, I might consider it.

Didn't know those existed

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but we've just booked on Explorer (post refit) and have been allocated balcony cabin 1828 (we booked a guarantee), which is one of the new balcony cabins along the side of Deck 12.

Looking at the deck plan, ours appears to be near the lift and toilets but we were unsure how the access to the corridor works on deck 12 - do you think that this will affect the cabin or is the entrance to these new cabins separated in some way.

Also in general, do these cabins still feel part of the ship, rather than being out on a limb?

Thanks

There is a hallway between the lift area and the rooms on deck 12. Beside the lifts is a glass automatically opening door (looks like a window) so you are straight onto the outdoor area. That's on the newly refurbed Voyager, would think Explorer would be the same.

I felt the area was quiet but definitely felt less isolated than our previous aft cabin. On deck 12 it was handy to the upper outdoor decks/pools and just a lift ride down to the promenade area.

• 3 weeks later...
We cruised in one of the two family panoramic oceanview rooms (2 toilets and a bunk room) on deck 12, right at the front - 1804. We thought it was the best cabin ever. Great space and nicely furnished. Although we had calm seas, it would be interesting to find out how it would be in choppier conditions.

I have booked the panoramic family ocean view cabin for four, all women, room #1804 same as you. My only concern is that it is at the front of the ship requiring us to do a lot of walking. Not a problem, we can walk off all the food we eat! Do you feel isolated? How long does it take to walk to the dining room, theatre or center of ship. I still have time to rearrange if necessary. I fell in love with the windows and there are only two of these family panoramic rooms on board, I felt like I was getting a scoop! Would love to see pictures and would appreciate any info you would like to share.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There will be 4 of us staying in just the regular Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom/1858. Any idea of what they looked like inside? The configuration? I know our window won't be as big as yours and the other 2 people will sleep on a sofa bed. Really interested to know, as like you, cannot find any photographs.

Thanks,

Angela

• 1 month later...

Hi Megsie, on what side of the ship is this cabin. Did you use the sofa bed? Any chance you have photos/video of the room?

Did you leave from Sydney, what view did you have in the cabin (e.g Opera House)?

What time is check in on Deck 12?

Thanks

Edited by summerholidays
More info

Can anyone tell me what the currency exchange is onboard the ship AUD to USD? Also can you bring in your own water bottles.

Bringing beverages onboard other than the two bottles of wine per stateroom is technically prohibited, but frequently allowed.

There will be 4 of us staying in just the regular Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom/1858. Any idea of what they looked like inside? The configuration? I know our window won't be as big as yours and the other 2 people will sleep on a sofa bed. Really interested to know, as like you, cannot find any photographs.

Thanks,

Angela

Here are shots of P2 cabin 1860 on Navigator.

attachment.php?attachmentid=350257&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350258&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350259&d=1432515603

P1210600a.jpg.097742cf50fbc59be7c25a94aa9e96da.jpg

P1210602.jpg.c9042b4046ec7a1209080f1aa959afa5.jpg

P1210605.jpg.134fa16e2efc87303d1c2ddab5932a35.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hi Megsie, on what side of the ship is this cabin. Did you use the sofa bed? Any chance you have photos/video of the room?

Did you leave from Sydney, what view did you have in the cabin (e.g Opera House)?

Thanks

Here are shots of Navigator's Panoramic Family OV cabin 1854 which includes the small bunkroom and the two and three piece bathrooms. This cabin has a similar but reverse layout compared to 1804.

Typically ships now dock bow in towards the CBD of Sydney so the Sydney Opera House will be on the port or opposite side to cabin 1804 when at the Overseas Passenger Cruise Terminal but will be on the starboard or the same side when leaving Sydney.

attachment.php?attachmentid=350260&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350264&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350261q&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350262&d=1432515603

attachment.php?attachmentid=350263&d=1432515603

P1250701.jpg.6a26b01eaff551a00dff7f71ce87c24f.jpg

P1250702.jpg.cc072c0e58cc4676f932d799a17983b6.jpg

P1250703.jpg.838d95705e327e4b6e7aee693c4b05a6.jpg

P1250704.jpg.e59b0efdc4a6f411336a7996c189f6b3.jpg

P1250705.jpg.ccee8ec3ffd38110332a4c2f52bf31e4.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Thanks

1804 is right at the front, slightly starboard. Just above the peek window for the bridge below.

The room has about 5 metres of floor to ceiling glass windows, so the views are great. In Sydney we were forward in on Voyager. Our views were of the city skyline and ferry terminals.

We didn't need to use the sofa beds, just the bunk bed.

We checked in around 11.30, (C&A). I think deck 12 was around the same time. I think the OPT is open for check-ins earlier, now that the construction is finishing. But you may still have to wait for the customs check and for the ship to be ready for the new passengers.

The photos of 1854 on the Navigator are exactly the same, except in mirror reverse. I've got photos at home, so I'll try to post some different ones and of the Sydney views. Travelling at the moment but will be home tomorrow evening, will post then.

Thanks for the reply. No rush for photos. You wouldn't know what the exchange rate was on the ship by any chance. First time cruisers so not sure what to expect but very excited. Any tips for ship tours - we are going to Noumea, Lifou and Isle of Pines.

Wow, what an amazing view!! :D Thanks for sharing!!

We had considered this cabin category for our first Royal Caribbean next year but saw that a balcony cabin only cost $58pp more, so got that instead!

Thanks for the photos Bob. Do you know what the conversion rate (approximately) is on the boat AUD to USD?

The onboard conversion rate will be around 3 1/2% higher than the current interbank exchange rate as the conversion service fee RC charges is higher than the ones typically charged by a financial institution like a bank, credit union or credit card company.

Current interbank exchange rate is $1.28AUD to $1USD so I would guess $1USD onboard would currently cost around $1.325AUD. IMO you would be better off getting your $USD at your bank/credit union before the cruise or having your onboard account billed to your credit card. With the latter make sure you specify on your set sail pass and when checking in for the cruise that your credit card company do the conversion to $AUD. The cruise line has an option that allows them to do this conversion but this will be done at a higher exchange rate do to their higher conversion fee rate.

Also if you want to convert a large amount of dollars check what the exchange kiosk/bureau in Sydney CBD area are charging for USD as their exchange rates can be very competitive.

I got the interbank exchange rate from

http://www.xe.com/