Excursions from Colon

JacknShelby

Hi,

I am looking for some ideas and feedback on tours (private or ship) that you have taken in the last 6 months out of Colon that include wildlife, rain forest, waterfalls etc.

I am working my way through the forum doing searches but would appreciate some recent experience feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Carla :)

As Canal cruises have only started in October, and not many stop in Colon, the six month requirement isn't realistic.

Thanks for the info. Our cruise is September this year so am looking for info in that time period so it's reasonably close to the same time.

Thanks for any feedback from anyone that has recently been :)

JacknShelby,

When I started my research for tours from Colon port of call I too wanted to go into the rain forest and tour Portobelo, a small town on a bay that C. Columbus discovered on his last vovage.

I used Trip Advisor: Colon, Panama forum. They have experts on that site all the time. I found out I could not do both because of direction from Colon and and time on shore. So I made the decison to do Portobelo and Gatun lock tour.

I used Roberto Whitaker, who runs a travel service in Colon. He was recommended by some of the experts on TA. Our group did two different tours with him. One to Portobelo and one to Panama City.

Here is his email: Robtads2@hotmail.com

I am sure if you tell him what you want, he can tell you if it is possible and set up a tailor made tour for you.

Have a great cruise. Planning is part of the fun....

Archived