Organic Foods

BrentG

Are there organic foods available on cruises? We will be on CB next September. I know that vegetarian choices are available, and sometimes these are also organic.

Thank you for your help,

Brent

They do have special menus available for low-sodium, vegitarian, etc. (I don't know that they had specifically organic food.) The dinner staff met with my friends, who both had dietary restrictions, every night so that they could go over their meals for the following evening and have them prepared to meet their needs. They simply mentioned it to the head waiter on our first night in the dining room.

If you do have special dietary restrictions you should call your TA or Princess and let them know so they can plan to have food on board for your cruise.

I have not seen anything regarding organic-only choices--sometimes the menu will say some ingredient is organic in the title, but I am under the impression that you cannot specify an organic meal choice. The special diets they do accomodate are Kosher, vegan, salt-free, low MSG or sulfites, dairy-free, or gluten-free diets. All are available if pre-arranged in advance of the sailing. Some are only provided as pre-packaged frozen meals heated up on the ship.

Thank you for your replies! We also roughly follow a Kosher diet - no pork, shellfish, etc. However, a kosher diet also allows MSG, sodium nitrates, and other not-so-healthy things. We will do the best we can, and I know the cruise and meals will still be a wonderful experience! Thank you again for your assistance!

Brent

Archived