Back 2 Back

jcool

You'll get a "love note" from Guest Services near the end of your first cruise. That will tell you when, and where you'll need to go to meet the staff, and others doing a B2B at the end of your first cruise. You'll meet up with those folks, they'll take you off the ship to meet the Customs/Immigrations people, then right back on. They'll issue you a new "sign-n-sail" card, you'll "ding in", and that's all there is to it.

GREAT FUN to watch all the others who have to go home, and you get to stay aboard for another FUN CRUISE!

"SKY"

99% of doing a B2B is just common sense. Getting the same cabin for both legs is probably the best "hint" I can think of. Heres' some minor points:

• Carnival looks at B2B's as two separate cruises and as such you will get a new booking number and S&S card (e.g. there is no "linking" for the two bookings).
  • The "tween-cruise" period can be as brief as a half-hour to three hours and it can be fun to wander around the ship during this period (e.g. we took a look at a cove balcony and the owners suite).
  • You may get a glass of champagne and a group pic taken in the main atrium after you return from customs after the 1st leg.
  • You may get a plate of some sweet stuff in your cabin too on the second leg.
  • Tell your cabin steward you are doing a B2B so they don't freak out when your cabin is a mess..
  • I'd suggest going down to Guest services sometime during the 1st leg and have them make an annotation that you are doing a B2B.

That's about it. B2B's are nice. Enjoy your time!

We were on the Dream and did not get off the ship. We met in the main show lounge, customs was on the stage. First Diamond was called and if not for a few late arrivals it would have been less then an hour. They could not start the customs procedure until all B2B people were in the room.

Has anyone done a back to back out of Miami. How does it go? What do you need to do?I have the same cabin.

We did a B2B on the Glory last year. We got the letter and all that the others said, but since we were putting our kids in a taxi to go home while we stayed on, we got off the ship before the meet up. We got off, took our laptops with since there is WIFI in the terminal. We went back thru security and had to wait until the first group was sent back on the ship. I did notice that other B2Bers that had met up with the group were waiting too, so it wasnt just a matter or walking on and walking off like I have always heard it is. Not too much of a wait though.

We had a different cabin, went balcony the second week, all of our luggage was waiting for us, even some stuff I had left as garbage. :D Nice way to travel.