help needed plz

yvonnescotland

Hi all we are booking our first cruise next friday for my birthday and our 20 years anniversary on the 2nd oct 2016 on the ncl epic , Now i'm needing to know about the cabin's we do want a balcony i saw large one on deck 12 number 12165 but i am not sure if there is life boats underneath as we want clear view's of water looking down I do see there in some in mid ship also aft and forward but no idea of the cabin numbers. thanks in advance Yvonne :)

What ship are you on? Also, you say you are cruising next friday, are you even sure you would be able to move cabins. If you see a balcony cabin that is available, they are probably few and far between. If you are that set on wanting a balcony and you see one available this close to the sailing date, I would probable just take it. Because it's not likely to be there once you make up your mind about the view :)

What ship are you on? Also, you say you are cruising next friday, are you even sure you would be able to move cabins. If you see a balcony cabin that is available, they are probably few and far between. If you are that set on wanting a balcony and you see one available this close to the sailing date, I would probable just take it. Because it's not likely to be there once you make up your mind about the view :)

Did you really read the post?? She is BOOKING it Friday, on NCL Epic. The cruise isn't for another year!!

To OP: There is a cruise critic forum dedicated to individual cruise lines. I suggest you post your question in the NCL forum. Include your itinerary since that can make a difference as to whether or not you want a balcony.

Edited by NMLady

Did you really read the post?? She is BOOKING it Friday, on NCL Epic. The cruise isn't for another year!!

To OP: There is a cruise critic forum dedicated to individual cruise lines. I suggest you post your question in the NCL forum.

Yes I read it, I miss read "booking" and read it as "boarding". Sorry, I'm sure you are perfect and make no mistakes ever.

On most lines, if there is not a "clear view" from your cabin, it usually says "obstructed view". If you go to the NCL web site and check out the deck plan for your ship you should be able to pretty well see if it's what you want. The cruise is far enough out so that you probably wouldn't have a problem regarding availability of selecting an alternative cabin .An if that's not the case, as you've no actually booked yet, look at a different ship/line if need be.

Yvonne, the Epic has an AMAZING spa, so I want to recommend you definitely consider booking a spa balcony. It is WORTH IT! If you look at photos of the outside of the Epic, there are very few staterooms that have balconies that don't overlook the lifeboats. In fact, those would be mostly the first 2 - 4 cabins forward and the last 2 - 4 cabins aft on port and starboard. The bump outs, still overlook the lifeboats, IF you look down. What I can tell you about the experience, is that the lifeboats are not all the noticeable because this is a massive ship. We were in 14151 and I honestly never gave the lifeboats much thought.

12165 which is a forward angled balcony on the second bump out, will have a larger balcony, but the front of it will be less private than a regular bump out balcony. I believe this actually will have a view down into some balconies on 8.

IMO, I would choose a spa balcony on a bump out, especially as this is a trip celebrating your B-day and Anniversary. If you can splurge, get a The Haven Spa Suite. It has the best shower at sea, an in room spa tub and a round bed. It is perhaps the most unusual cruise ship suite I've ever seen. 14151 has the largest balcony. It also comes with the myriad of Haven perks - well worth it especially for a special occasion like this one.